Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is the second time i have gotten a P0300 cel. The first time when it happened was back in 2017, if i remember the code correctly it was the same code. The second time happened couple days ago while driving normal. The cel came on flashing then few seconds later (maybe 5 or 10) it went away. I didnt experience any driveability issues and so far it has not return just like the first time. I remember back in 2017 i did some google searching and found a thread mentioning a tsb regarding crankshaft sensor o ring but since cel didnt come back or any driveability issues i just left it be.

Any ideas what it could be? Mileage is at 63k, thinking about changing out the sparks plug since its due soon.

·
Administrator
3,028 Posts
Mine threw that code too. It was the Crankshaft Position Sensor Wiring/Connector.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mine threw that code too. It was the Crankshaft Position Sensor Wiring/Connector.
whats wrong with wiring/connection? And where is this sensor exactly, i know its behind the engine but having trouble spotting it

·
Administrator
3,028 Posts
Mine was damaged during a warranty clutch replacement (but they didn't admit it, so I had to pay for the repair). It's just below the the bank1 cylinder head I believe (on the back). I took it to a shop and it took the less than 10 min to diagnose, and about 15 min for the repair. It's been perfect ever since.

I'm not sure if you can see it from above, it was repaired at the dealer. I didn't get to look at it myself. They just brought out pics to show me the damage, the when repaired, they gave me the damaged connector.

This is something that 5LHO can probably be of more help with than me. I pinged him so hopefully he can help you out.

Reactions: winkawak

·
Tech Expert
2014 Premium GT, SGM, Brembo, Auto, Tech, Comfort
3,062 Posts
It's a random misfire code, which could be alot of things. The gen 1 can sometimes swallow a slug of fuel at startup, could be CPS, or a failing coil or plug. 63K is way too much for spark plugs, no matter what Ford says. You could delete the code, reset the KAM (keep alive memory) and see if it comes back. If you've got a tech pack, you can drop codes by the radio by holding buttons 3 and 6 down simultaneously and follow the prompts. It may not show if it was intermittent. KAM can be reset by disconnecting the battery for a few minutes and holding the brake pedal down, or via a tuner box, if you have one.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It's a random misfire code, which could be alot of things. The gen 1 can sometimes swallow a slug of fuel at startup, could be CPS, or a failing coil or plug. 63K is way too much for spark plugs, no matter what Ford says. You could delete the code, reset the KAM (keep alive memory) and see if it comes back. If you've got a tech pack, you can drop codes by the radio by holding buttons 3 and 6 down simultaneously and follow the prompts. It may not show if it was intermittent. KAM can be reset by disconnecting the battery for a few minutes and holding the brake pedal down, or via a tuner box, if you have one.
So i looked up symptoms of these parts you mentioned and im not experiencing any issues other than cel coming on flashing then disappears. Gonna youtube how to change spark plug in the next few days and changed it along with my coolant(2nd time). I have cleared the code but not the kam. Not sure about the tech pack you speak of im guessing is a high end obd scanner of some sort.

·
Tech Expert
3,062 Posts
Tech pack is having Nav in the car from factory with the big screen. Changing plugs is just like any normal vehicle. It's not stupid like the 4.6 or 5.4.

Reactions: crjackson

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Tech pack is having Nav in the car from factory with the big screen. Changing plugs is just like any normal vehicle. It's not stupid like the 4.6 or 5.4.
Oh that tech pack lol, It had code reading feature? As for the spark plugs i have never done it before. This is my first car and still my only car of 9 years, that im learning how to do all the maintenance work and suspension upgrades on.

·
Tech Expert
3,062 Posts
Yes, a built in code reader on the tech cars. It does other stuff, too.

This is a surprisingly simple car to work on for a somewhat modern vehicle.....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts