Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 GT. I've had this problem where my battery would discharge and the radio/clock would wink out. Sometimes I need to jump start the car, sometimes not. My driver's side window may or may not be the culprit. It no longer automatically goes up, and I have to bring it down manually a bit to open or close the door. Additionally, if if close it all the way, it frequently goes back down 1/2 way by itself, sometimes after I get out and close the door. What gives?

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
I have a 2006 GT. I've had this problem where my battery would discharge and the radio/clock would wink out. Sometimes I need to jump start the car, sometimes not. My driver's side window may or may not be the culprit. It no longer automatically goes up, and I have to bring it down manually a bit to open or close the door. Additionally, if if close it all the way, it frequently goes back down 1/2 way by itself, sometimes after I get out and close the door. What gives?
I say your Battery is just taking a crap and your window just needed to be reprogrammed by pretty much going up and down like 10 times, there's a certain way, but this is what works for me

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Not sure what's on the window fuse, you may be able to pull it and see if your battery discharges. But the window sounds like it needs to be re-programmed like Basohol said

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
Also of you have shaker audio that drains the battery same with the upgraded alarm

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, I replaced the battery about two or three years ago, so maybe it's that time again. I'll give it a try. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
Well, I replaced the battery about two or three years ago, so maybe it's that time again. I'll give it a try. Thanks.
Ya my battery lasted 2 years and it would always die, just leaving the car door open for 5 mins would be enough to kill it

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I put a new battery in the Carr, and it starts, no problem. However, I still have the same problem...... Except the car starts now.

·
Registered
679 Posts
I say your Battery is just taking a crap and your window just needed to be reprogrammed by pretty much going up and down like 10 times, there's a certain way, but this is what works for me
Thank you! My window would do the same! On the highway some chick would be looking and I roll my window up and it's like my window says nope I don't think so! And goes right back down :(
Makes me look stupid and indecisive

1 - 8 of 8 Posts