Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1998 mustang with the v6, and a vortech blower. No other modifications except for the new fuel system to feed the blower and an exhaust system. After the car has been running for a while, like an hour or so at operating temperature, if I turn it off and start it again 5 minutes later, it has a super rough idle and stalls almost instantly unless I rev it up for a few seconds (10 maybe), or if I just drive, it smooths out by itself. But if i turn it off and start it again, it will do the same thing. I am going to replace the fuel filter, but does anyone have any other ideas?

·
Registered
349 Posts
sounds like a leaky injector to me. Put a guage on the fuel rail and see if the pressure drops quick once you turn the engine off.

Steve

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thats what one of my friends recommended to me. How to I find out which specific injector is leaking? Should I just replace all of them? How much might that cost?

·
Registered
349 Posts
Well, I got a rig I use to clean my injectors off the engine. I'd use that to test them all and clean them, most likely it's a bit of goo keeping it from sealing.

It's one of those hand pressurized garden sprayers. I use it to run MEK thru the injectors. I got a couple of leads with alligator clips on each end to power the injector while the MEK flows thru. If my sorta brief discriptions isn't clear it's probably not a good idea for you to do this.

I wouldn't try this at home if you don't know what I'm talking about. I'd either try a bottle of Techron FI cleaner in the tank or maybe cough up to have them professionally cleaner on the car. Replacing them all can run a couple of hundred dollars.

Steve

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
my buddy kevin runs his own shop, I'll see what kind of a deal he can get me for cleaning the injectors. With them clean and all, will the car run better all the time and maybe even give me better performance and mileage?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts