Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car recently started doing this but when I start it up all of the gauges go all the way to the right. My battery is six years old but it shows good voltage and starts up fine everytime

·
Registered
411 Posts
Does it go to the right and then back down again? Or it stay there

---------- Post added at 12:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:46 PM ----------

It is the AM eBay page I emailed him and he said yes and no... They sell mostly AM products but that sell others too... It's AM way of giving back to us even more... If I hadn't bought cs/GT rims I would have picked up the rims they have on there right now

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Check fuse #21 (5A) in the central junction box, it powers the instrument cluster short-term memory and the Keep Alive Memory (KAM) in the PCM--if it is blown the cluster will re-calibrate each time you start the engine. Also the KAM will be cleared if the engine is off for more than 5-7 minutes, losing all of the adaptive learning values accumulated by the PCM.

If the fuse is not blown check the battery voltage while cranking the engine. If it falls below 10.5 V the cluster may act as you describe, if below 10.0 V it will behave as you describe. What this means is that there is a weak/dying cell in the battery, a high load (200+ A) battery test would confirm that...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts