Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my car drives fine just every once in a while while im driving if i put my clutch in or am just sitting at a light my rpms will either jump up a bit or stay at like 1100 or 1200 rpm and has an odd noise while doing it and i cant really explain the noise. Any ideas on what it could be?

·
Registered
394 Posts
Check you idle air control valve, that has a lot to do with rpms at idle, there's a nice tutorial on YouTube on how to clean it.

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Had the same problem, I cleaned my MAF sensor, cleaned my TB, cleaned my iac, and seafoamed the engine, idle is smooth as smooth can be, and has stayed like that for 6+ months now

·
Registered
56 Posts
So my car drives fine just every once in a while while im driving if i put my clutch in or am just sitting at a light my rpms will either jump up a bit or stay at like 1100 or 1200 rpm and has an odd noise while doing it and i cant really explain the noise. Any ideas on what it could be?
if its not any of those i had the same problem and it just ended up being a leak in my PCV valve. got a new one and it was
fine

1 - 6 of 6 Posts