Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Ive seen a behind-the-grille fog kit and its pretty cool if u want fogs but like the clean look. I prefer the look of fogs so wouldnt buy it personally.

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I was just going to buy any kind of dogs and mount them behind the grille. Just wanted to know if anyone's done it before. I can't seem to find any pictures of that set up for 99-04 mustangs on google. Nothing special, just some lights behind the grille

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Yeah, thats pretty much all it was but I think it was for an 05-09. Just saying theres a kit for it, so its been done, so not so weird. Dogs mounted behind the grille, on the other hand...

·
Registered
621 Posts
Are you goin for looks or functionality? Cuz the lights in the grill are driving lights, not fog lights. They put fogs lower to show more road with the least amount of precipitation reflection. But yeah I assume you could get like some 4 in driving lights and fit em in there

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
i've seen it before...looks bad to me. plus you're closing off the opening that lets nice cool air hit your radiator.

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Kingmidas87 said:
Are you goin for looks or functionality? Cuz the lights in the grill are driving lights, not fog lights. They put fogs lower to show more road with the least amount of precipitation reflection. But yeah I assume you could get like some 4 in driving lights and fit em in there
Looks pretty much. I'm going to get the actual functional fog lights later on. And as for the air flow. It's just my daily driver. Will it really affect the radiator much? I wouldn't want lights to heat up my car :p

·
Registered
621 Posts
Yeah you might be alright but it might run hotter. I read this post a while back where a guy stuck a winch on his jeep bumper and the winch blocked alot of air and apparently affected his gas mileage. Idk if that's true or not but somethin to think about. I doubt your car will over heat, there are cars out that have smaller or no grills, but it might run hotter causing your fan to run constantly. But yeah bro try it, you can always take the lights out.

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Kingmidas87 said:
Yeah you might be alright but it might run hotter. I read this post a while back where a guy stuck a winch on his jeep bumper and the winch blocked alot of air and apparently affected his gas mileage. Idk if that's true or not but somethin to think about. I doubt your car will over heat, there are cars out that have smaller or no grills, but it might run hotter causing your fan to run constantly. But yeah bro try it, you can always take the lights out.
Well, if it helps I usually don't floor it. I drive mostly freeway at a constant 70-80 mph. I recently just bought my grille. When I bought it it had no grille. I ran it grilless for about a year no problems. I bought it the ford dealership. Worst decision ever. Ran me 100 bucks, but I wanted to see a grille on my car so I bought it out of impulse. But this weekend I'll try it, won't hurt to try right?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts