Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So wondered if anyone had any ideas on this.

Car goes to the dealer every 6 months and gets the tires rotated and realigned if needed.

Since I got the car it has always done something funny. It pulls to the right for a short period then will pull to the left and sometimes won't pull at all.

I would have said alignment except that it keeps switching sides and sometimes doesn't do it.

I can be driving down straight flat road and have it start pulling to the right and then out of nowhere starts pulling left.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
720 Posts

Car goes to the dealer every 6 months and gets the tires rotated and realigned if needed.

Since I got the car it has always done something funny. It pulls to the right for a short period then will pull to the left and sometimes won't pull at all.

I would have said alignment except that it keeps switching sides and sometimes doesn't do it.

I can be driving down straight flat road and have it start pulling to the right and then out of nowhere starts pulling left.

Thanks in advance.
I have noticed the same. Sometimes I feel like I have to fight the wheel just to drive straight on seemingly flat roads, and other times it's perfectly fine. The car just seems to respond to the grooves in the road more than cars I've driven in the past. IMO I don't believe there is anything wrong with your car, it's just extremely sensitive to grooves and slope of roads.

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
KARgt13 said:
I have noticed the same. Sometimes I feel like I have to fight the wheel just to drive straight on seemingly flat roads, and other times it's perfectly fine. The car just seems to respond to the grooves in the road more than cars I've driven in the past. IMO I don't believe there is anything wrong with your car, it's just extremely sensitive to grooves and slope of roads.
I just guess cause of having driven other cars it throws me off.

I just a 2004 350Z, my uncles, for about a month, and I thought they were more sensitive than the mustang and it didn't so this. If others are having this problem tho, then I am not terribly worried about it.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Yea it's weird, most cars might pull the same but are easy to hold the wheel straight, where as this car you fight to go straight. Definitely know exactly what you're saying, but wait to see what others say. Maybe I'll find out we are the ones with a problem.

I've never had the steering set to comfort mode, maybe that's why?

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
could be bumpsteer (tires following road/bumps) does it do it on nice new paved roads or just crappy ones (same area same type of motion etc)

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
SpectorV said:
could be bumpsteer (tires following road/bumps) does it do it on nice new paved roads or just crappy ones (same area same type of motion etc)
Yeah does it on new paved roads. Only when going highway speeds tho.

·
Premium Member
6,120 Posts
Hmm I'm subscribed. My 06 does this. I always thought something was wrong, but Ford couldn't find anyrthing. Glad to see that newer owners are having this issue.

I almost think it has something to do with the road. It seems to me the paving quality of new roads has gone down.

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'd be interested to know if people who have done aftermarket suspensions have this problem? If not then it will definitely be on my to do list.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I would guess it to be in the electronic steering control. Generally these also have to be aligned electronically but the code link is not currently available or it does not require it. I'm only guessing a problem in your steering module or electric gear because it is changing direction on you and only happening at high speed suggests a very small change in angle.

·
Registered
22 Posts
My car does something similar! Every once in a while ill get on the highway and speed up quickly to merge with traffic and all of a sudden I feel the car quickly pull to the left then to the right back and forth. It feels like the brakes between the right and left are being applied left then right back and forth for about 10-15 seconds. It's gets a little scary! Any one have this happen to them?
Russ

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
KARgt13 said:
I am ashamed :eek::
Haha wheels will come with time. Been doing other mods first. :). I want to get some 19" rims with nitto 05 tires. Just won't be good for winters here.

·
Registered
881 Posts
nosympathy said:

Thanks in advance.
My car does the same thing. Especially bad on road with high traffic from big rigs. It's not uncommon. My 300zx did the same thing.

---------- Post added at 02:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:59 PM ----------

nosympathy said:

Thanks in advance.
All roads, even highways have some slope to them for drainage reasons.

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
thejohncarlson said:
I have noticed this too. I have never owned a car that took this much work to drive straight.
Glad to see it isn't just me. Doesn't bother me so much now.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts