Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So when I'm driving and I step on the break my car just starts to get shaky and shuts down sometimes like if I wasn't accelerating enough when let go of the clutch but I have the clutch in the whole time and it shuts off like when I'm driving and I have to turn it on again when it's still running but on neutral

·
Registered
176 Posts
my 2000 gt did the same thing. when i would throw it in neutral when i would be rolling up to a light or stop sign it would turn off. caught me off guard once or twice cause the brakes barely work when the car is off. that was an OH $h!t moment lol

·
Registered
176 Posts
check the two hoses i circled in the pic. if i remember correctly when me and a buddy were trying to figure out why mine was doing it we realized one of them hoses wasnt holding well and kept sliding off and i think that fixed the problem. dont quote me though.

Attachments

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well y mustang is a 2004 V6 so it don't look like that and I asked my teacher(auto tech) and he looked at it and the throttle body had oil in it :eek: he said it could be the pcv valve

·
Registered
176 Posts
How much would that cost? And could I just replace the PCV valve ?
you might have to replace the pcv valve anyway but a catch can for my car was like 100-115. it catches the oil before it goes back through the intake system. ford was always bad with their pcv system. youll be surprised at how much oil it catches

1 - 14 of 14 Posts