Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Super Moderator
17,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got me into actual ACTUAL craft stuff... Here is a triple dry hopped imperial India pale ale from Other Half brewing company. This guy waits in line at can releases and is always going to get growlers filled. I probably will be starting too... Anyone else do this sort of thing?

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Mustang Evolution mobile app

Attachments

·
ME Bloodhound
14,699 Posts
Shelf Beer was ruined for me after I went to Ireland. After having all the craft beer over there I just can't do regular stuff anymore. Granted I could never drink anything with the word "lite" in it anyway. I'm surprised, given how much you've been around the world, you just now are big on craft.

Also, that stuff sounds EXTREMELY hoppy lol. I can't do IPAs.

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
All I drink now is craft beer. There are micro breweries opening up all over the place here in Winston Salem. It's awesome!

·
Super Moderator
17,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Shelf Beer was ruined for me after I went to Ireland. After having all the craft beer over there I just can't do regular stuff anymore. Granted I could never drink anything with the word "lite" in it anyway. I'm surprised, given how much you've been around the world, you just now are big on craft.

Also, that stuff sounds EXTREMELY hoppy lol. I can't do IPAs.
You haven't been drinking the right IPAs, this stuff was not hoppy at all. Citrusy, not heavy at all, very very good. "IPA" in the last few years basically means to beer what "engine" means to cars. There are so many different varieties and it doesn't have to be hoppy but some places do go crazy on the IBUs which I don't like either honestly.

And I'm not exactly just into "craft" beers, I mean I've been into craft for awhile but not at the level of getting stuff from places that don't distribute. This stuff if you don't get it at the brewery or from someone who went, you aren't getting it.

As for all over the world... a lot of beers in other parts of the world are just so good you don't exactly need to go "craft" to get good stuff. Go to a bar in Germany and order basically anything and it'll be great.

All I drink now is craft beer. There are micro breweries opening up all over the place here in Winston Salem. It's awesome!
Yep, I got the info from him on the best ones around here, probably going to get some growlers and go get them filled over the weekend or next week since I'm off. The Spellbound brewing company near here has a Peach IPA that is $8 for a growler fill and its omfg amazing.

·
ME Bloodhound
14,699 Posts
You haven't been drinking the right IPAs, this stuff was not hoppy at all. Citrusy, not heavy at all, very very good. "IPA" in the last few years basically means to beer what "engine" means to cars. There are so many different varieties and it doesn't have to be hoppy but some places do go crazy on the IBUs which I don't like either honestly.

And I'm not exactly just into "craft" beers, I mean I've been into craft for awhile but not at the level of getting stuff from places that don't distribute. This stuff if you don't get it at the brewery or from someone who went, you aren't getting it.

As for all over the world... a lot of beers in other parts of the world are just so good you don't exactly need to go "craft" to get good stuff. Go to a bar in Germany and order basically anything and it'll be great.

Yep, I got the info from him on the best ones around here, probably going to get some growlers and go get them filled over the weekend or next week since I'm off. The Spellbound brewing company near here has a Peach IPA that is $8 for a growler fill and its omfg amazing.

Germany is most likely the next place I plan to go out of the country. Irish beer and Whisky was amazing. But my heritage has a lot of German in it, so I have to go eventually.

I only had a few beers in Ireland that I didn't like. I got the local stuff wherever I went..... and Guinness, it just isn't the same anywhere else. But Smithwick's Irish Ale was and is my favorite of anything you can get in a bottle right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

·
Super Moderator
17,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well I just went out and did a growler fill at Spellbound brewery which is about 15 minutes from my house. I've had their stuff before but not out of my own growler. Spiced pumpkin ale only $8 for a fill, yes please. Gonna probably go back tomorrow or Tuesday and get a fillup of their Peach IPA and then their Oatmeal Raisin Cookie Ale. They are releasing a Blueberry Ale too today as a seasonal. And that is just one brewery around here, yeah they are popping up everywhere. Anyone on here, if you are into craft or micro at all, make SURE nothing you buy is owned by Inbev. Inbev (anheuiser busch and others) is actively trying to kill the craft beer movement. Not really succeeding but they are trying.

Germany... beer is so good... and the country is absolutely GORGEOUS. The women are smoking hot too... Was my favorite place to fly though. Rota, Spain is another place I loved going. I could actually get stationed there on this spring's order release for the military, that would be pretty crazy.

·
Premium Member
1,385 Posts
Yep, love craft beers here and have been drinking them exclusively for a while. I don't do growlers, usually, as the stuff doesn't keep as long (especially if it's a screw-cap with lousy paper seal).

·
Super Moderator
17,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah the cheap Growlers you kinda have to drink that day but at $10 for a fill for pretty good stuff at the closest brewery I just drink the whole thing in one day lol.

Gonna be moving to Europe in the fall tho. Southern Spain. Lots of sangria and really good wines there. I like wine too.

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
I've only had Craft Beers!.. Pricy, but I drink for flavor and not really to get drunk!.. Though one of my Favorites is called Dragons Milk!.. VERY STRONG BEER, but very good!.. ???

Sent from the One and Only ME!..?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts