·
Registered
1,653 Posts
Ow ow ow ow ow ow

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok so i was going down a hill coasting at about 40. It is a 30 mph zone so i do deserve a speeding ticket. As i was going down the hill a car is stopped in the other lane with their blinker on for a left hand turn that would put them crossing my lane. She decided it would be a good idea to wait until i was 90ft away before crossing in front of me. I tried to avoid her by using my shoulder but she continued to come into my lane. I clipped her and spun her completely around 180° i continued on into the ditch and slammed into a concrete embankment. Guys my seat belt saved my life! If you don't use one start doing it! The old lady is in ICU with severe lacerations and a broken hip.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
fultonboy09 said:
Ok so i was going down a hill coasting at about 40. It is a 30 mph zone so i do deserve a speeding ticket. As i was going down the hill a car is stopped in the other lane with their blinker on for a left hand turn that would put them crossing my lane. She decided it would be a good idea to wait until i was 90ft away before crossing in front of me. I tried to avoid her by using my shoulder but she continued to come into my lane. I clipped her and spun her completely around 180° i continued on into the ditch and slammed into a concrete embankment. Guys my seat belt saved my life! If you don't use one start doing it! The old lady is in ICU with severe lacerations and a broken hip.
Dang that is crazy!!! That must have been so scary! Did they deem it was your fault or hers? Sounds like it was hers

·
Registered
177 Posts
Oh wow... Keep us updated with what happens...

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
NicholasP said:
Dang that is crazy!!! That must have been so scary! Did they deem it was your fault or hers? Sounds like it was hers
Because of my stupidity in previous cars i have owned, and that i am 22 and own a grabber blue mustang, they wrote me 2 C&I's and arrested me. They failed to read me my rights or tell me the reason for my arrest. Don't worry guys! I'm going to fight this to the end. I also learned through my insurance that the old lady doesn't have insurance... fml

·
Registered
430 Posts
If they didn't read your rights or give you a reason for arrest then you can sue the state, my friend went through the same ordeal and he didn't really want money, just enough to pay back bail and lawyer fee, he really just wanted justice for what the cops did wrong, he won and the cops lost their jobs

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
Coreyw428 said:
If they didn't read your rights or give you a reason for arrest then you can sue the state, my friend went through the same ordeal and he didn't really want money, just enough to pay back bail and lawyer fee, he really just wanted justice for what the cops did wrong, he won and the cops lost their jobs
You can be detained without having your rights read to you!.. As the "Miranda Rights" only apply to you if your being arrested for a crime!..

·
Registered
430 Posts
The way he got by with it was because they don't have to read them if they believe that you are to intoxicated or not capable of understanding your rights at the moment of arrest, in which case when the person is capable of understanding they have to give them there rights, cause either way you are detained whether it's a crime or not

·
It's not me, it's you.
6,752 Posts
Aww, jeez man. This is terrible. I don't understand why they would arrest you? That looks like a total loss. Not a good day.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
fultonboy09 said:
Because of my stupidity in previous cars i have owned, and that i am 22 and own a grabber blue mustang, they wrote me 2 C&I's and arrested me. They failed to read me my rights or tell me the reason for my arrest. Don't worry guys! I'm going to fight this to the end. I also learned through my insurance that the old lady doesn't have insurance... fml
What's a c&l?

1 - 20 of 86 Posts