Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I finally made the decision to replace my cheap 80$ cai with the k&n cai from American muscle and maaaaannn what a difference! I know it's a bit pricey but everything about that kit was worth it. All of the hardware was high quality along with the directions (the other one came with none) the fit was really good, and overall the whole installation went really smoothly which if you work on cars you know that's not usually the case. As for performance, it definitely picked up a little bit. I mean the filter is twice the size, there's less piping, and I hated the fact that you couldn't see the filter on my last cai. Overall I'm really happy with it. :-D

·
Registered
128 Posts
Glad your happy...
However, you just bought a more pricey hot air intake! Could have saved that money and bought something else ;)

·
Registered
420 Posts
So I finally made the decision to replace my cheap 80$ cai with the k&n cai from American muscle and maaaaannn what a difference! I know it's a bit pricey but everything about that kit was worth it. All of the hardware was high quality along with the directions (the other one came with none) the fit was really good, and overall the whole installation went really smoothly which if you work on cars you know that's not usually the case. As for performance, it definitely picked up a little bit. I mean the filter is twice the size, there's less piping, and I hated the fact that you couldn't see the filter on my last cai. Overall I'm really happy with it. :-D
I feel you on that haha felt a difference with my k&n intake

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ESG642T said:
Glad your happy...
However, you just bought a more pricey hot air intake! Could have saved that money and bought something else ;)
Lol I also picked up some ford racing springs and some new shocks and struts but yeah that's kinda true

·
Registered
128 Posts
As far as difference (power) you went form pulling in cooler air to pulling in hotter air. Filter SIZE makes no difference on a stock(ish) v6 mustang.

If the cheap filter can flow 350cfm
an K&N filter flows 500cfm
and your car only pulls 220 cfm of air :uhh:
(just made up numbers but you get the idea)

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
After using a k&n intake on a previous car along with bbk, upr, and spectre i will say they all do the same thing no difference... any difference you feel is in your head because you think a filter twice the size helps..remember your vehicle isnt taking in any more air then your old setup. In fact your old fender well unit probably does better since it brings in colder air from the fender much better. Glad you're happy with your purchase though just had to point out the differences.

·
Registered
128 Posts
^
You were about 10 seconds too late.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah I'm not saying that any cai will do all that much but the other thing that's nice about it is it's easier to get to the passenger side of the engine compartment for whatever reason lol

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The other one was sort of a pain because it was 3 pieces with the maf and it didn't really line up anyway

·
Registered
128 Posts
:rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
After using a k&n intake on a previous car along with bbk, upr, and spectre i will say they all do the same thing no difference... any difference you feel is in your head because you think a filter twice the size helps..remember your vehicle isnt taking in any more air then your old setup. In fact your old fender well unit probably does better since it brings in colder air from the fender much better. Glad you're happy with your purchase though just had to point out the differences.
+ 1 I have specture on my bc they don't acually make a kit for mine lol

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Yeah, I just installed an SR CAI from AM on my car. I love AM but this CAI disappointed me. It didn't line up correctly and the rubber couplings they gave me weren't the correct ones I believe. I had to work with what they gave me and had to improvise.

·
Registered
112 Posts
This is what I got, It works.

Was an Ebay CAI that I cut because the filter kept falling off and rolling down the road.

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
I keep on getting scared that my filter is falling off. I even pulled over one night cause I heard a little bump and got under the car to check :p

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
lol i don't think i've ever had that fear with any fender well kit...just use a good clamp and call it a day :p

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
lol i don't think i've ever had that fear with any fender well kit...just use a good clamp and call it a day :p
My problem is that I don't think my kit came as it should have. Or maybe I'm not mechanically inclined enough to install a CAI haha. I'm pretty sure I tightened the clamps enough but since I heard a thump coming from my passenger side wheels I thought it slipped out :D

1 - 20 of 22 Posts