Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Super Moderator
17,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lol, just for 5 weeks. Have class there and I can think for worse place... I'll see how fast I can get the rental car to go on the Autobahn and have a few meter boards for you guys. A meter board is a meter wooden slab holding like 7 or 8 beers. Good times...

·
Registered
8,283 Posts
The Germans are a strange lot.... They have come up with some absolutely brilliant engineering over the years, yet they still serve beer off of an old wooden plank, huh??? :shrug:
You should bring a proper plastic American drink tray when you go Scotty.... Preferably, one that says "Coors" or "Budweiser"
:cheers:

:D

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
Definitely let us know about how that Autobahn is.

·
Super Moderator
17,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The Germans are a strange lot.... They have come up with some absolutely brilliant engineering over the years, yet they still serve beer off of an old wooden plank, huh??? :shrug:
You should bring a proper plastic American drink tray when you go Scotty.... Preferably, one that says "Coors" or "Budweiser"
:cheers:

:D

Lol, good one. Only place around there you can order a Bud or Coors or Miller is on the base and even then why would you? I'll have to get pics of what they are, its a meter long wooden tray. I mean you can drink it all at once but most ppl just get it for a group and wind up getting 5 or 6 of them. Going to go to a place called "Big Emma's" the night we get there where you can order 1 or even 3 liter mugs. The 3 liter is cool but its warm before you get halfway done unless you are drinking it like Beerfest or something.

Definitely let us know about how that Autobahn is.

Been on it before. Its not 0 speed limit for a lot of it and they are very strict about the zones where there are limits. But I'll definitely get onto one of the zones where you can go as fast as you want. They are also VERY strict about only using the left lane to pass, like you will get pulled over and ticketed quick if you are just riding in the left lane like a putz like so many ppl do in the States.

·
Registered
8,283 Posts
It's a shame that you can't take your Mustang and have a go on the autobahn with that.
Beating on a rental will be a good time though....

·
Super Moderator
17,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Eh... the highways are so damn devoid of police around here I've routinely been up to 120-130mph (not kph) on straights here with 0 issues lol. Wouldn't want to go much faster than that.

·
Super Moderator
17,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Heidelberg

Attachments

·
Registered
8,283 Posts
Those ARE big beers! :lol:
It looks like that mug size wasn't big enough, so they added those extensions to the tops.

I guess that is what a original German medieval city looks like. Very idyllic!
Thanks again for the photos Scotty! :thumb:

·
Super Moderator
17,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah those are 1 litre beers. The pub is called Vitters and is supposed to be the best place in town. 2 Dunkelweizens and mine is the Pilsner. All brewed on site. Food was amazing. Beer was top3 I've ever had and I've been all over the world and a ****load of craft places too. Definitely the best Pils.

Sent from my Z978 using Mustang Evolution mobile app

·
Super Moderator
17,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Trier.

Attachments

·
Registered
775 Posts
Great pics, thanks for sharing..

·
Super Moderator
17,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
NP. Heidelberg was way better as far as scenery but the drive to Trier... I didn't know a country could be as beautiful as Germany is this time of year... Its already cooling off since we are at the same latitude as Maine and I really hope we get to see the leaves change.

Probably going to go to Neuschwanstein Castle next weekend. Its 4.5 hours away but we have a rental car and a 3 day weekend soo... plus there is apparently a ton of other stuff to do there. Was between that and the Swiss alps. We still might decide to do the alps but we'd need to all buy cold weather gear and also we aren't supposed to take our rental car out of Germany so probably not.

·
Super Moderator
17,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yeah that was really cool to see. Really liked Heidelberg a lot. Drive out to Trier was much nicer but besides the Cathedral it was... meh...

·
Super Moderator
17,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yay!

Attachments

·
Registered
8,283 Posts
Did you finally find your little slice of heaven?

Lol.
Yep. No Coors or Budweiser.
It's no wonder after seeing that menu.... Some of those beers have a really high alcohol content! One of those beers is about the equivalent of drinking an entire bottle of wine! Haha
Good times!
:thumb:

That beer cooler is pretty neat!
Never seen one like that.

·
Super Moderator
17,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Slice of beer heaven for sure. There is a the world's largest wine festival next weekend in a city 20 minutes from here. That'll be interesting.

But I am starting to miss Spain a bit. I think if I was going to actually stay in Europe I'd rather live there than in Germany just because of the laws and political situation if nothing else. Plus not ever having a real "winter" in Spain is gonna be awesome. My biggest issue with Spain is we have some really bad supervision at my work right now but that'll rotate out and hopefully get better in a bit.

·
Super Moderator
17,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
In other news, there are a few leftover 2018 GTs at the military auto sales I might go test drive just for giggles. I commented on the Military Auto Sales facebook page about how good the 18+ cars are and that there was a white one near where I am now and they keep PMing me about it lol.

My big issue with buying another USA car in Europe/Spain tho is that I would have to sell the New Edge or pay 28% VAT on any other USA car so with a $33k car... um... no.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts