Mustang Evolution Forum banner

101 - 120 of 156 Posts

·
Super Moderator
17,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #103
Going to. If it doesn't have 200k on it by the time I leave I did it wrong. Hell, if I get Germany after this I'll take it with me lol.

In other news... I found out a full good quality respray with all labor for removing and re installing trim is 900€ here. That's like $1200. Stang does need some touch up...

Sent from my Z978 using Mustang Evolution mobile app

·
Registered
8,244 Posts
With the cost of good quality paint nowadays, I don't see how that is possible...

Maybe you should start by letting them respray the bumpers on your Dacia first.

·
Super Moderator
5,239 Posts
are French cars as entertaining as they were back in the day? Drove a Pegault (sp?) that had the light switch on a stalk to the left of the steering wheel. Try to indicate a left turn and it would really turn off your headlights. Yeah I know it was operator error.

·
Super Moderator
17,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #106
With the cost of good quality paint nowadays, I don't see how that is possible...

Maybe you should start by letting them respray the bumpers on your Dacia first.
That's a good idea, just the back bumper on the Dacia needs a re-spray and that's only because I'm OCD. It doesn't actually NEED anything. But I've seen their work. I dunno, its good. Labor rates over here are comically low compared to the USA. It's not even like 1/4 the price labor wise.

are French cars as entertaining as they were back in the day? Drove a Pegault (sp?) that had the light switch on a stalk to the left of the steering wheel. Try to indicate a left turn and it would really turn off your headlights. Yeah I know it was operator error.
Seemed normal when I drove it.

·
Super Moderator
17,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #107
Gah someone has a MINT 94 Cobra here just like the one I used to have... Tried to find the owner and talk to him about it but no dice. There is a club on base for Stang owners so I'll probably run into him there.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
17,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #109
It actually just got to town today. Going to try to get it tomorrow. If not then probably Thursday. #veryexcite!

Sent from my Z978 using Mustang Evolution mobile app

·
Super Moderator
17,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #110
Also picked up my daily today as well. Nice little turbo diesel hatch in mint condition with 43k on it for $3800 USD.

Needs door speakers asap... Stereo sounds like my old 1988 Bronco stereo lol. The good news is the stock HU is Bluetooth and all integrated controls etc... So just speakers. Also going to add up/down relays to the front windows since it doesn't have them. Obviously all the basic maintenance when you buy a used car as well.

But... Stang pickup is top priority for me right now as well as continuing to unpack.

Attachments

·
Registered
768 Posts
People who have never been to Europe don't realize why cars are smaller there.
Some of the streets are really narrow.
I'm sure it's getting better now, but driving around in a 73 Duster used to be an adventure.

·
Super Moderator
17,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #112
Better in any area that is rebuilt or anything that was rebuilt after WW2 but anything that is old like downtown Rota is still crazy. I would never drive the Stang there.

·
Super Moderator
17,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #113
Iiiieeeeeeee!!! 0 damage. Still runs great! #veryexcite!

Ordering brakes for it tonight. They need done... Will be contacting James to datalog with the Spanish fuel and try to work out the small idle issues.

Attachments

·
Registered
768 Posts
Congrats on no damage.
Did you have to do anything with your lights to be in compliance with Spanish laws ?

·
Super Moderator
17,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #116
The fronts are stock, the rears are tinted and if they give me issues I'll just swap in the OEM lights I still have and take it back.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Is is just my imagination or does that car look a whole lot cooler than it ever did back in America?

Nice to hear that it arrived in good shape. A collective sigh or relief for everyone here.

·
Super Moderator
17,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #118
Is is just my imagination or does that car look a whole lot cooler than it ever did back in America?

Nice to hear that it arrived in good shape. A collective sigh or relief for everyone here.
It was never this clean back in America lol. I literally cleaned it 100% inside and out right before it was shipped and I only got those rims redone like 10 days before it left. I was SUPER paranoid about the rims getting borked since the clear wasn't going to be fully hardened till like... well now... but they are flawless. That wheel repair shop in NJ was crazy omg good.

·
Super Moderator
17,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #119
What was really funny I noticed on the way through my town is all the Spanish ppl looking around like "wtf" when I was coming down the road. There are pretty much 0 V8 "muscle cars" here. The ones that are all ALL American servicemembers. There are probably a dozen Mustangs on base, a few Challengers, 1 or 2 F bodies and a 68 Camaro believe it or not.

Dude at the VPC was asking me all sorts of questions about the car too. The ppl at the VPC were like... the nicest ppl ever.

101 - 120 of 156 Posts