Mustang Evolution Forum banner

141 - 156 of 156 Posts

·
Registered
708 Posts
Looks like my brothers photos when he was stationed there in the early 70's. He loved that little town. One of his and his wife's favorites to visit.

·
Registered
8,244 Posts
Ironically, the folks who built the cathedral would have very likely been in strong disagreement with the theory that Phoenicians could have inhabited that place 3000 years ago...

·
Super Moderator
17,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #143
Yeah probably. Cadiz is a great town tho. Reminds me a LOT of many cities I visited when I was flying. Small narrow streets, lots of vendors, bistros/cafes/bars/restaurants basically every other venue and just... European. That is a big issue with Spain too, most of it is very different than the rest of Europe. Because it was Muslim for 700 years. Cadiz feels much like... Venice and some other Italian cities I've visited.

·
Super Moderator
17,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #144
3.27s definitely great for highways here but power is all hidden up at 4k+. Fun to drop from 4th to 2nd and scare the **** out of some Spanish person going way under the speed limit. Which is a thing here a lot.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
17,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #146
Summer finally kicked off here and it's like someone flipped a switch. On the beach now just relaxing wirh a 6 pack, kid is swimming in the water... Beach entrance is literally across the street from my house. Love it.

Attachments

·
Registered
0 Posts
One of the few countries I've been to where I would consider living....but it was 25 yrs ago and I know the economies are way different now.

5 1/2 yrs left...stick it out if you can at all. You should be young enough to have a even better 2nd 1/2 of your life.

J
Hey! I think you can still consider that, Spain is a paradise with the beautiful nature and a nice economic situation - the programs for a foreign investors in the real estate, cheap morgages etc
proof

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Do you live near where the wooden walkway just fell and hurt a lot of people? It was 'breaking news' just now :(

·
Super Moderator
17,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #149
Haven't heard of it. I live about 20 minutes from Jerez which is the closest "big city".

·
Super Moderator
17,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #150
There is a Spanish local who loves stangs and gets lot of cool ****. Drives a 03 GT vert. Had a spare set of 94-98 export mirrors. Shut up and take my money!

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
17,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #152
Yep, now I just have to figure out when I want to suck it up and buy 99/01 Cobra tails. In case I stay in Europe longer than 4 years. Amber turns are required over here but USA servicemember imports are a real grey area. I'll probably just wait till I see a screaming good deal like $350-$400 for a clean set which I have seen before.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Yep, now I just have to figure out when I want to suck it up and buy 99/01 Cobra tails. In case I stay in Europe longer than 4 years. Amber turns are required over here but USA servicemember imports are a real grey area. I'll probably just wait till I see a screaming good deal like $350-$400 for a clean set which I have seen before.
Interesting, when I was stationed there you had to have them or get ticketed. I rigged up some temp. removable ones to avoid the tickets, that was done before the car left the states.
A lot has changed in 40+ years..

·
Super Moderator
17,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #155
They are higher quality "Terminator" mirrors.

Sent from my Z978 using Mustang Evolution mobile app

141 - 156 of 156 Posts