Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 Ford Mustang V6 4.0L 210 hp convertible. I recently replaced the exhaust system with 2 flow masters. It's much louder and sounds a bit more impressive. I was also told it increased my horsepower. the installer said it added 25 more horsepower. so now I have a total of 235 hp (i think). What are some other inexpensive ways to increase power and acceleration? I was told K&N air intake systems. they give you a added 7.49 hp but that doesn't seem like much for $300. i'm not a car person so please explain and maybe give links to websites. thank you!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Cheapest quickest hp adder is nitrous. Can add 75 hp with the push of a button, for $400 +/-. And if you stay around the 75 hp level, won't be too much stress on your engine.

Plus, if/when you sell the car, it'll come right off. And because you can turn it off & on, don't think the pollution Nazis can beef.

·
Registered
48 Posts
The flowmasters probably only gave you 10 hp. There really arent any other ways to get your cars hp up apart from a cold air intake, I would go with AEM not K&N. You can get new headers also. Apart from that the only other thing you could do would be to get a supercharger.

·
Registered
41 Posts
CAI/Tune, means Cold Air Intake/Car cpu tuning ,the best CAI/Tune for the v6 is the C&L Intake +Predator or SCT tuner.they are about 300$ for the CAI +300$ for the tuner..when combined u'll gain about 25 Rear Wheel Horse Power (there is a 15% Horse Power loss between the engine & the rear wheels)

·
Registered
30 Posts
I suggest rear end gears. It wont add any more power, but will give you that "pin you to your seat" feel that all Mustang owners want. You will have to research which ratio to go with as I am not familiar with the newer model Mustangs. I have a 1995 GT with a manual tranny and 4.10 rear end gears. It is awesome acceleration, kinda wish I would have went with 3.73 though. I have no more first gear.

·
Registered
45 Posts
upgrade to the gt model, increase hp by 105 more hp for about 4000 dollar difference, you can't even buy a supercharger for that much for a v6 and make 315 hp out of it.

·
Registered
40 Posts
ok shop around you can defiantly find a intake to a ford 4.0L for much cheaper

anyway here's a few tips to get the most out of your mustang

replace you spark plugs with Multi firing plugs like bosch+4
use better sparkplug wires and synthetic oils and higher octane gas
(but dont run it to hot) remember a good tuned car wont lose power

put some lighter wheels and sticky tires on it upgrading your e.c.u. will really help a lot if have already put aftermarket parts on (i.e. your flow master) and none if this does it for you then trade it in for a GT haha just kidding

·
ME Bloodhound
14,699 Posts
but its cheap and it does make a lil difference
$100+ for a paperweight is cheap???? Lol

---------- Post added at 10:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:16 AM ----------

Pretty much...? That's an understatement.. It is completely worthless.
I didn't want to be extremely blunt lol

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Not sure how old OP is but some people can't afford a GT. No, I'm not talkin about the 4,000 difference in car price. I'm talking about the insurance tripling.

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
upgrade to the gt model, increase hp by 105 more hp for about 4000 dollar difference, you cant even buy a supercharger for that much for a v6 and make 315 hp out of it.
Don't be that guy bud...
I had a v6
A Twin turbo BMW
And now a cobra, and I love everything including my cobra and don't regret anything I've even done to any of them.

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Don't be that guy bud... I had a v6 A Twin turbo BMW And now a cobra, and I love everything including my cobra and don't regret anything I've even done to any of them.
+1

1 - 20 of 20 Posts