Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Lorraine's driver
8,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
What projects do you have planned for your Mustang this winter?

I'm going to remove this iPod input jack from my system because it doesn't work.
View attachment 76067

I'm going to experiment with some epoxy to see if I can fill the holes the mounting screws made. This was a stupid place to mount the jack. I'll try on a piece of plastic first. Then if I it works, I'll take a deep breath and try it on my center console.

The other thing in want to do, really before winter is full on, is make my own carpet lay-ins. I want to make something that covers the sides too, because the sides of you shoes pass all that road grime to the carpet, even with good winter floor mats.

Now, lets hear your winter plans.:good:

·
Registered
51 Posts
l Plan on sheetrocking the unfinished section of the garage.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Put my new engine in (aluminator 4.6), after instaling cams, up grade fuel system to three intank fuel pumps and 80lb injectors, then weld up new intake pipe to fit cobra throttle body, also gotta get new headers to fit dohc

·
Registered
3,783 Posts
Don't know if I'll get it done before spring or not, but my plan is to fabricate a roll bar. Then do a rear seat delete out of alum diamond plate. Having a convertible is really starting to suck, or is it NHRA rules.

·
Premium Member
6,004 Posts
1. Catback and X-pipe
2. New rims
3. Get some gauges to fill up my CD player delete
4. Hide my sound system wires better

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,004 Posts
Wow. Didn't mean to attach three pictures.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Coreyw428 said:
Put my new engine in (aluminator 4.6), after instaling cams, up grade fuel system to three intank fuel pumps and 80lb injectors, then weld up new intake pipe to fit cobra throttle body, also gotta get new headers to fit dohc
It must be so nice to be mechanic enough to to all that. I'm envious however quite lazy.....

·
Lorraine's driver
8,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Did you buy the short block and pickup parts you wanted to upgrade? Sounds like its gonna be bada$$. :good:

·
Premium Member
6,004 Posts
Azure said:
That's gonna look good when you pickup some gauges. :cool:
Yeah, I just can't decide what gauges to get

·
Lorraine's driver
8,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Don't know if I'll get it done before spring or not, but my plan is to fabricate a roll bar. Then do a rear seat delete out of alum diamond plate. Having a convertible is really starting to suck, or is it NHRA rules.
Yeah, not so sure they even let verts run down the track at Raceway Park in Indianapolis. I hear some tracks, they don't even require the top to be up. Must be like you said. Maybe those other tracks aren't NHRA sanctioned, etc.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Azure said:
Did you buy the short block and pickup parts you wanted to upgrade? Sounds like its gonna be bada$$. :good:
No I bought the actual ford racing aluminator long block, then a few weeks ago decided I wanted cams, so I called comp and ordered a set of custom turbo cams... In the mix of ordering all this I forgot about fuel system so I called lethal performance and they suggested I go to 3 255lph fuel pumps and 80lb injectors, was runnin 2 255lphs pumps and 42lb injectors, which I got in march lol, so I gotta sell them to put some money back in my piggy bank

·
Lorraine's driver
8,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
No I bought the actual ford racing aluminator long block, then a few weeks ago decided I wanted cams, so I called comp and ordered a set of custom turbo cams... In the mix of ordering all this I forgot about fuel system so I called lethal performance and they suggested I go to 3 255lph fuel pumps and 80lb injectors, was runnin 2 255lphs pumps and 42lb injectors, which I got in march lol, so I gotta sell them to put some money back in my piggy bank
Ha! Yup, that will empty a piggy bank. That is gonna be bada$$!

·
Registered
81 Posts
will be boosting in about a week or so and then getting dyno tuned :)

1 - 20 of 29 Posts