Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Question for all. Just got my Shelby gt about 3 months ago. Was wondering what brand of oil I should go with? Was thinking of mobil 1 or castrol. What y'all think?

·
Registered
184 Posts
Watchawow07SGT said:
Question for all. Just got my Shelby gt about 3 months ago. Was wondering what brand of oil I should go with? Was thinking of mobil 1 or castrol. What y'all think?
I've gone castrol synthetic but keep in mind once u go synthetic u can't switch back

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mustangguy0202 said:
I've gone castrol synthetic but keep in mind once u go synthetic u can't switch back
Yeah. I know. I've used synthetic on all my vehicles since I started driving. I'll need to read up on which brand would b better for my sgt. I guess it's just like preference when it cones to these 2 brands.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Watchawow07SGT said:
Mobile 1!!!! I used to like castrol but BP makes it. Ever since the oil spill I won't buy it.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Mustangguy0202 said:
I've known several people that have switched back to conventional oil after they used synthetic oil. You can even mix them if u wanted to.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanx everyone for ur input on this thread. Gonna take everyones info into consideration bout buying oil for my baby.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The manual asks for motocraft. But I've used mobil 1 and castrol on all my other vehicles and I've never had any engine/transmission problems so I think I'll just stick wit one of those 2.

·
Premium Member
19,578 Posts
I agree that changing it on a regular interval is better than choosing a specific oil. If you are really that worried about quality then don't buy anything from a local store. Order from an Amsoil or Royal Purple dealer and enjoy your $60 oil changes.

Don't even start the discussion on oil filters.

·
Registered
379 Posts
I agree that changing it on a regular interval is better than choosing a specific oil. If you are really that worried about quality then don't buy anything from a local store. Order from an Amsoil or Royal Purple dealer and enjoy your $60 oil changes.

Don't even start the discussion on oil filters.
Oil filters are a good subject. Most are exactly the same inside and out, but the K&N oil filter is housed in a thicker shell. Then they weld a nut to the bottom that is the same wrench size as the oil drain plug. It makes removing the filter much easier.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts