Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey eveyone,
I have a 2012 GT Stock besides some BFG KWA Tires.
What mods would be best so i can run a 12.3 in a 1/4.

Boss 302 intake manifold.
Airaid Cold Air Intake.
Bama Tune.
Roush Axle Back.

MY best stock is a 12.9

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
In the track app on my 13 my best has been 12.6 with the track package.
With full exhaust and tune you should beat me.

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Hey eveyone,
I have a 2012 GT Stock besides some BFG KWA Tires.
What mods would be best so i can run a 12.3 in a 1/4.

Boss 302 intake manifold.
Airaid Cold Air Intake.
Bama Tune.
Roush Axle Back.

MY best stock is a 12.9
That setup should be able to break 11.9x's with some practice. Its certainly been done a few times with some seat time. To make things even easier, two good mods would be LCA's and a high-flow mid-pipe. The LCA's will really make a difference in your 60' which is what you need the most. You have plenty of power to reach that target ET (with the mods you listed), but you need to be able to put it to the ground with no wheel hop!

Shane

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's sounds like the route I'm going to take. Thanks for the advice.
U guys are great at AM

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just got back from the track worst thing ever happens to me. On the way to the track lol there was a yellow brick in the road that broke open my rear right rim and tire. So I had to ride to the track with my new roush axle back on a spare and just watch the races. But lucky I got to drive my friends 2012 gt500 down he track twice :)

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Damn!!!

I want a spare tire because the 13 does come with one just an air pump and fix a flat built in the pump, and what if something like this happens??

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah you never know what can happen. I almost took my spare out the other day too lol.

I'm just happy I did not lose control when it happened because I was going 70 on the interstate

·
Registered
41 Posts
Damn!!!

I want a spare tire because the 13 does come with one just an air pump and fix a flat built in the pump, and what if something like this happens??
Yea, I don't get that... Weight savings??

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Brembo cars dont have a spare b/c the size required to clear the Brembos wont fit in the spare tire well. Non-Brembo stangs still get a spare.

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Brembo cars dont have a spare b/c the size required to clear the Brembos wont fit in the spare tire well. Non-Brembo stangs still get a spare.
Makes sense but still sucks, why didnt they just fitted a skinny tire as a spare like every other car company does.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
McQueen said:
Makes sense but still sucks, why didnt they just fitted a skinny tire as a spare like every other car company does.
Im guessing its tire height, not width. Maybe too short can cause ride issues/damage. Im not smart enough to be sure. :) Seems like something they overlooked at some point in the development. Wondering if they thought about it when refreshing for the '10, but figured it was too costly to change. :dunno:

·
Registered
41 Posts
$$$$ savings....all cars r starting to have no spare...lame
True. My prius plugin omits it too. Mainly because the back is full of batteries. There's a pump and goop kit like in my mustang.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Tires will make the most difference I have some Mickey Thompson for sale that will fit your stock wheels and they will get you down to your goal, they will get you down under 12 with a good driver and right conditions pm me if your interested

1 - 20 of 28 Posts