Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this has been asked a 1000 times but whats the best clutch to support up to 350-400 hp and be streetable n take some abuse? Thanks for everyones opinion.

·
Banned
776 Posts
Centerforce dual friction is nice.

---------- Post added at 02:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:08 PM ----------

You could really just use a Ford Racing clutch though for $250

·
Banned
8,044 Posts
JayKranz said:
$250 is cheap. Comes with clutch, pressure plate and th bearing.
I paid 270$ (I think) for the : king cobra clutch, pressure plate, tob, pilot. Bearing, aluminum triple quadrant, firewall adjuster, hd adjustable cable. It was a few years ago so I don't remember where...

·
Banned
8,044 Posts
Also one thing to be aware of. The king cobra clutch is rated for 400 hp. And I have seen many people burn the clutch up with barely being over that. But as long as you keep your hp level under that it will be fine. I have had 0 issues. :good:

·
Banned
1,656 Posts
JayKranz said:
$250 is cheap. Comes with clutch, pressure plate and th bearing.
I didn't think the ford racing kit came with throwout bearing or install hardware?..I could be wrong I'm not sure.
I only remember when I did my clutch I had a small budget and wanted a decent oe replacement clutch so I went with the ram musclecar kit. It came with the alignment tool and release bearing. But I still had to buy the throwout bearing.

To the OP for the $$ to support 350-400hp I think the centerforce dual friction is the way to go.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the replies. Still undecided though. It looks like ima have to spend 250 or better to get something decent.:sucks! Lol A ram clutch was in the car when i bought it and it didn't like the power increase so im staying away from them.

·
Banned
8,044 Posts
Finchms said:
Thanks for the replies. Still undecided though. It looks like ima have to spend 250 or better to get something decent.:sucks! Lol A ram clutch was in the car when i bought it and it didn't like the power increase so im staying away from them.
The king cobra clutch is cheaper then 250. It only cost that much cause the adjustable clutch cable kit.

·
Banned
776 Posts
To be honest at your power level I think just about any of them will work. They will just have different feel on the clutch pedal.

·
Banned
8,779 Posts
Thanks. Im looking more at spec stage 1 or maybe the stage 1 exedy. Yall know much bout either of them? The video on the exedy talks good and it has a good price but we all know talk is cheap most of the time. Need enlightenment here if possible.
Pick a clutch(s) and then Google it for reviews. That should give you an idea.

I prefer the Centerforce Dual Friction over most of them because it has a much lighter pedal (less wear & tear on your leg and cables and quadrants) and it holds 90% more power than a stock clutch.

·
Banned
8,779 Posts

·
Banned
8,779 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Trojan Horse said:
:lol: Yes, I got BUSTED! :eek::
Yall doggin me cause i can't afford a $350 clutch? Thought yall folks were better than that. Lol just kidding yall. I would like to have the centerforce but due to xmas for kids and wife and the wife already saying i spend to much on my car its just gone have to wait till i need another one.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
JayKranz said:
Not at all. Just trying to help find a solution in your budget. I was doggin TH;)
I know man! Just had to mess with yall a lil bit. Ain't no good if u can't have a lil fun.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts