Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Banned
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today i started my car and i was reving it i noticed that once it got to 4.5k rpms it would just stop there even if i pushed the pedal all the way it wouldnt go past 4.5k rpm what could itbe

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
Why were you revving your automatic in park?

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
Only in park will it do that. Btw, if you were showing them to him why the need to rev... They look the same at any rpm lol

·
Registered
502 Posts
My 5 speed does it either in neutral or with the clutch pushed it. Forget which one but my old auto always did it even in nuetral

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Mine used to do it as well, though manuals are set to 4k i believe. Now ive got control over what the limiter is set at, or if it is there at all

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Mine goes to 7K I don't whats wrong with you guys >_> lol

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
ForsakenProto said:
And is this the second or third engine in your car? Lol
First

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
ForsakenProto said:
That poor thing, takes more abuse than the mermaids rear end.
LOL, these little motors are tough that's for sure

·
Registered
39 Posts
7K? Dude, I'm scared to push my lil motor over 5K. They may be tough but why push it harder than needed? I can burn rubber in my V6 5sp on 1st-4th gear and never touch 4K. So anything more is excessive. The sucky part bout the V6 is my speed maxes out at 115mph. My Ford Windstar did 130 and still had more to give. Kinda sad a van outdoes a sports car right?

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
davidcseifert said:
Mine goes to 7K I don't whats wrong with you guys >_> lol
Agreed,,
Never made it up to 7 but 6ish from time to time

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
It's because you have a limiter and people expect you to try and go fast in a mustang, no one expects someone to do 100+ in a minivan...

As for 7K it's not every time it just happens here or there when the car is happy, first gear usually pull 6500 regularly lol read my sig you'll see why I soon it that high

1 - 20 of 21 Posts