oh and when i go around a turn, around 25mph (nice weather out too),
i fishtail.
Could it be the suspension???

If so, what should i get. Any ideas??

-thx

·
Registered
44 Posts
that's definetley the suspsension, what on the suspension though? im not sure, wait a couple hours and im sure someone will post a more helpful reply.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
It is really hard for me to say from that discription. I think you need to take it in and get a good mechanic to look at it though. Doesn't sound safe to drive much that way. Alternatively you could raise it on jack stands and check to see if you can find anything loose or bolts missing etc. But unless you are pretty good at fixing things I would say take it to a pro.

·
You want to **** me?
4,043 Posts
what year is your car? sway bar could be messed up or loose shocks/struts... that couild be a lot of different possiblities, id suggest a mechanic as well.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
imma go with loose upper control arm bolts. get that fixed immediatly. it ruins your alignment of the rear end, if it goes too far out, it can stretch the brake lines, and it also has negative effects on the tire wear.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Yeah, have to spend about 300 or 400 to get one, then bend it, huh??

·
Registered
349 Posts
I had a old Dodge cop car, well I still have it, that had a rattle in the rear suspension. Took me forever to find it. How I ended up finding it was to put it up on jackstands, under the axle, and smack various components with a rubber mallet. Ended up being a leaf spring pack clamp, not applicable here.

A good visual inspect is where I would start. If nothing is obvious get out the rubber mallet.

Steve

Oh yeah, is there a market for a panhard bar that costs in the $150.00 range? If so PM me I might start making them is the demand is justified.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Steve, I wouldn't doubt it if the quality were there and it could handle a GT or a V6, the ones on the market are a bit on the pricey side, and it is a popular mod! I won't be needing one since I am going to 03 Cobra IRS in another week or so. :D

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
I would get a drive on lift and tq all the upper and lower control arm bolts down correctly and make sure every thign loosk good all bushings are good and what not, and then check the shocks mounts and make sure they are bolted on correctly chances are its that, cuz really thats all there is to the rear end.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts