Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone!
Its been awhile since i last posted on here. I need some help. So i just installed some cc plates, ball joints and SVE bump steer kit. Well, after the bump steer install. My wheels are both facing the wrong direction. Where did i go wrong? Lol. Never installed bump steer kits and pretty much followed the video on LMR. Can someone educate me? Lol. Where did i go wrong!!

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
I'm no expert, but, you need an alignment now......I wouldn't drive it like that either. did you adjust the tie rods by chance?

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. Wasn’t sure if that would “fix” the problem. I’ll get it towed to my nearest shop.

·
Super Moderator
17,930 Posts
You'd have to post pics of your install. I can guarantee you boogered something up... Did you count how many turns it took to spin the old tie rod ends off and then put the new bumpsteer tie rod ends in as many turns? That just gets you in the ballpark anyway, you always need to get an alignment.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You'd have to post pics of your install. I can guarantee you boogered something up... Did you count how many turns it took to spin the old tie rod ends off and then put the new bumpsteer tie rod ends in as many turns? That just gets you in the ballpark anyway, you always need to get an alignment.
i think i i got it pretty close now.
can i leave it like this and have it aligned? Do you think that’ll straighten it out? Or should i do more tweaking?

·
Registered
72 Posts
You can just eyeball it so that both wheels are pointing straight forward and drive it to the shop as long as it is not too far. Another option is to hold a flat bar on the lower side wall on each tire and measure the distance in the front of the wheel and then the distance on the back of the wheel. Get the two measurements close and you will be fine to drive it to the shop. Actually if the front is about an 1/8 inch more is good. Both front tire pointed out just a little. Works best with two people and two tape measures. Do a search for setting the toe on a race car.

·
Super Moderator
17,930 Posts
Yeah if you are close to the shop then you can drive there with them pointed straight with a calibrated eyeball. If you are like a 20-30 minutes away I dunno... up to you. Not really going to hurt anything, just tire wear. Also that's a real nice looking car, post some details when you get a chance.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
This is good info. Thanks guys!

Details on the car:
it’s still a work in progress. All this work i just did within a month. A week old fresh paint job, brand new cloth convertible top, Gloss black rovos durban 18x9/18x10.5 mated with continental extreme contact 265/35-295/35, 01 Bullitt rocker panels, 01 bullitt seats (soon to be replaced with dark charcoal 03/04 cobra seats) and cluster, 03/04 cobra hood, bumper, and rear spoiler, bbk springs (will be changing those to HHR blue springs) still a long ways from being ready lol

·
Registered
69 Posts
This is good info. Thanks guys!

Details on the car:
it’s still a work in progress. All this work i just did within a month. A week old fresh paint job, brand new cloth convertible top, Gloss black rovos durban 18x9/18x10.5 mated with continental extreme contact 265/35-295/35, 01 Bullitt rocker panels, 01 bullitt seats (soon to be replaced with dark charcoal 03/04 cobra seats) and cluster, 03/04 cobra hood, bumper, and rear spoiler, bbk springs (will be changing those to HHR blue springs) still a long ways from being ready lol
How do you like those Continental tires? I have a 2002 GT that I bought the black 18" Rovos Cape Town wheels for, so I obviously need new 18" tires, too. I'm thinking of that exact Continental tire, but in a 245/40R18 size all the way around.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I haven’t driven the car enough to say. It goes from one shop to another. But as far as looks, specs, i think they’re a good buy for the price. They have a great thread wear, warranty. I’m happy with my purchase.
Please post pics of the wheels once they’re on your car!!! I also want the cape town. I have the two rears but waiting on the fronts to be in stock !

·
Registered
69 Posts
Thanks - will do! Might be a while, though - this has been the status of my car since the end of August. Had to replace that underhood harness that the power distribution box is a part of (headlight harness), and since I had to take a bunch of stuff out, I decided to go ahead and replace or upgrade a ton of parts (motor & trans mounts; A/C condenser, compressor, and all lines; radiator & hoses; water pump; alternator, etc, etc). I just finally got my new radiator (Mishimoto) a few weeks ago, but since I'm a tractor-trailer driver for a living, I'm not home that much, and don't have time to work on it often.

After I get it running, which will hopefully be in another two or three weeks, I need to completely rebuild the suspension, before I put my new wheels and tires on it. I also have a new Flowmaster catalytic converter assembly for it, as well as a new Borla Stinger S-Type exhaust I have to put on.

·
Super Moderator
17,930 Posts
Ugh, I wish I could get that Roush bumper shipped out here... too big for me to not have to pay like $500 shipping... or more... Looks good.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Ugh, I wish I could get that Roush bumper shipped out here... too big for me to not have to pay like $500 shipping... or more... Looks good.
Thanks! I bought that from American Muscle. I think I paid $429, but the shipping (via FedEx Freight; a tractor-trailer delivered it) was absolutely free. I didn't pay one cent extra for shipping. On top of that, I had the bumper cover for over a month, because I'm on the road so much, before I noticed a defect in it. It was deformed by one of the fog lamp openings. I called American Muscle and told them about it; they had FedEx pick it up again, return it to them, and Roush direct-shipped me another one, which there was nothing wrong with, at all. And, THAT also didn't cost me a single penny!

·
Registered
69 Posts
LOL; I just noticed the flag of the country we live in is displayed by our names - is that the Spanish flag by your name? Do you live in Spain?!

·
Super Moderator
17,930 Posts
LOL; I just noticed the flag of the country we live in is displayed by our names - is that the Spanish flag by your name? Do you live in Spain?!
Yes I'm military stationed here. I have a USA PO box but bumpers are too big unless they are the kind of poly that can be folded up and will re-form with heat.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts