Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Besides the tranny of course but what is needed for this swap . I have. Job now and considering putting a t5 in it and gettin turbo . Info and details please if you know

·
Banned
8,044 Posts
**notice**
Please stop the bickering or the thread will be closed and infractions will be issued. The search feature is a great tool when it actually works. I do recommend using it, but anyone is entitled to have there own thread.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Honestly.. It would be a lot easier and cheaper to have the auto built, put in a shift kit, maybe a small stall. A lot of people do prefer manuals such as myself but in your case having the auto built would be the way to go. It'll also save you a lot of time and money in the long run.

·
Registered
161 Posts
swapping a T5 in place of an auto trans can be done with factory parts. first find a T5 bell housing for the 2.3 motor. that is the hardest part. after that it is just collecting all the little parts and pieces, like a clutch pedal, clutch cable, flywheel, clutch system, etc. since you plan on turboing the motor, i suggest stepping up to a V8 T5 as they are much stronger than the 4 or six cylinder versions, they just dont have the deep first gear the four cylinder version does, no biggie though, just run a bit more rear gear, IE a 4.10 gear instead of a 3.73.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
swapping a T5 in place of an auto trans can be done with factory parts. first find a T5 bell housing for the 2.3 motor. that is the hardest part. after that it is just collecting all the little parts and pieces, like a clutch pedal, clutch cable, flywheel, clutch system, etc. since you plan on turboing the motor, i suggest stepping up to a V8 T5 as they are much stronger than the 4 or six cylinder versions, they just dont have the deep first gear the four cylinder version does, no biggie though, just run a bit more rear gear, IE a 4.10 gear instead of a 3.73.
Thanks for the info. U know about the svo diff fitting in the n/a since they both 7.5

·
Registered
161 Posts
Thanks for the info. U know about the svo diff fitting in the n/a since they both 7.5
as long as you are getting parts for the rear axle you have, they all fit.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Do you know how to remove the gears?
once you pull the rear cover, you will see a total of four bolts holding in two large caps. remove the axles and the bolts and the carrier drops out of the housing. the pinion gear must be pressed out. you them unbolt the ring gear from the differential. if you havent done this kind of work before, it is best left to the pros as there are tools you need when putting things back together again, that most people dont have.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Tooo ooo much. Might as well do this myself .
only you can decide for yourself, but if you do it yourself to save on the labor, and get the adjustments wrong and ruin a good ring and pinion set, you are on the hook for a new set, and they are not cheap. best to call around first and get a quote for how much it would cost to have a shop install the new gears for you.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts