Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is all gonna tie end together on why I want to do this...be patient and read.

Alot of the guys at school give me a hard time about the six. Aparently you get no respect for having 150 horsepower. Mostly in my shop class. They are always talking about how they own them in thier mom's Galant.

But one of the guys, haven't heard him talk trash about the Stang, has a 3000GT V6, 24V, 5speed. Has a Stage 3 clutch, billet flywheel, no cats, and CAI. He's about to load the bottom end up with all forged internal to run a big shot of N20 through it. He makes $20 an hour at his job. So I'm already down some here.

I wanna change the way people thing about the V6 Mustang. If I could edge out in front of him in a race I know people will rethink about my steed. I need every little bit of help I can get. Getting a sponsor would be great, but I don't think that is gonna happen. I'm not that luckily.

So I'm gonna need some help with some junkyard stuff here. Best rear end and all that stuff.

Guys you gotta help me out. I'm finally going after some performance mods now. :lol:

·
Premium Member
2,885 Posts
well rear end wise, i say 8.8, specialy if you want to get up in the hp numbers. I rode in brents stang befor and after the swap and you could tell a huge difference on how it launched and such. 4.2L conversion is also a good idea.

·
Premium Member
2,885 Posts
also don't forget about the basic intake/ exhaust/gears and such. gear wise i think you want to go 4.10s with an auto and 3.73s with a 5 spd. Best bet is to go to a junkyard and find an axle with the gears that you need already in it

·
Premium Member
2,885 Posts
i believe gts and cobras have the 8.8, im not sure of the gears tho, and I am not familiar enough with other ford vehicles to know wich of them have them, but i would bet the trucks and suvs might have an 8.8, is your car manual or auto?

·
Premium Member
1,265 Posts
go 75 shot when your engine is built nicely, ive heard nitrous express is good to go with.

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
OK, gonna buy the generic CAI soon. My exhaust is gonna be the MAC y-Pipe bolt on and later I will hack the y-pipe off in replacement of...

Now I'm thinking an X-Pipe with high flow cats. Any reason to go with the H-Pipe insted?

·
Banned
9,745 Posts
Dom said:
OK, gonna buy the generic CAI soon. My exhaust is gonna be the MAC y-Pipe bolt on and later I will hack the y-pipe off in replacement of...

Now I'm thinking an X-Pipe with high flow cats. Any reason to go with the H-Pipe insted?
do not buy the mac y pipe if your going to turn around and get rid of it thats just a waste of money.

I can not say this enough but do it the right way or just dont do it at all.

Dont bother with a xpipe just get a mac h pipe with h flow cats. Should get you by emissions no problem at all. Get gt take off cat back and bolt it on and your done. Replace the mufflers if you want.

Dont buy the cai before you buy the rest of the stuff I listed.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Dom said:

The x pipes are supposed to flow better. but i think the only differance you may notice is sound. h- more rumble, x- mellow

1 - 20 of 52 Posts