Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Text. Still trying to figure it out. Maybe eventually or with certain phones u can read your texts... Or rqdio stations can send song info... RDS. That is.the feature where your radio volume automatically increases when u get on the gas to drown out road and engine noise.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Text. Still trying to figure it out. Maybe eventually or with certain phones u can read your texts... Or rqdio stations can send song info... RDS. That is.the feature where your radio volume automatically increases when u get on the gas to drown out road and engine noise.
Oh okay!!

Thanks for the info!!

And yeah that's what I thought the text one was for.... But I have not seen where I can have my texts read to me in anyway shape fashion or form.... So I sort of abandoned this idea...

·
Registered
3,783 Posts
Text is for when you have a mp3 hooked up. Idk how to use it tho. I think you hit it and it will take you to your albums.

·
Admin
5,822 Posts
Did you check your owners manual? Page 29 of a 2011 Mustang owners manual.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
text feature will allow you to have the car read your texts, and then you can voice select with sync simple responses back that are already programmed. My phone bit dated and SAL9000 (as she has a feminine voice) wont accept my phone for that, just bluetooth. Hell half the time she can pick the track right I want to play on my usb flash drive...LOL

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
SAL will probably love that....she can gossip with siri...LOL
Read the manual and go for it....you will be luckier than me :(

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
SAL will probably love that....she can gossip with siri...LOL
Read the manual and go for it....you will be luckier than me :(
Haha that made me laugh!!:]

Yeah I'll get out there and read it....

I just wander how complicated it could possibly be if there is a dedicated Text button on the dash.... But it never seems to do anything....

Hmmmm i will research more into this!

Has anybody else figured this out?? Surely I'm not the only curious one!

I would love to do what one recent poster did and put an iPad in the dash!!

Except I would like to put an iPad mini.... And retain all my controls on the front..... Maybe even build a custom app to control my climate controls or something.... That would be neat!!

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
just think...your car would make the talking gps in the jared commercials seem lame..LOL
Ipad in the dash...errr, have fun with that.
getting the galaxy tablet when can afford such things....lacking in main job due to layoffs...which is why "Slimer" and "Bluberry" are perfect marketing tools to get me more detail/customizing work....sigh

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
just think...your car would make the talking gps in the jared commercials seem lame..LOL
Ipad in the dash...errr, have fun with that.
getting the galaxy tablet when can afford such things....lacking in main job due to layoffs...which is why "Slimer" and "Bluberry" are perfect marketing tools to get me more detail/customizing work....sigh
Yeah it won't be any upgrade soon!! I can not afford it yet.... I'd have to put back money for it and save for a while!

Haha yeah you know it's be cool if I could activate Siri with voice button on steering wheel ha!!

Are talking of galaxy tab in dash? Or tablet to have in general?

Still trying to figure out the dang text thing though...

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
just want the tablet in general...wouldnt be mounting in the car
if it doesnt accept your phone you're outta luck. does your phone work on the blutooth? select the text button while phone is connected...SAL will tell you either way...thats what mine did

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
When I have rds activated and push text it gives me pt on top and shows radio statuon and st on bottom shows song title and.artist.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
The text button simply changes how the incoming text from the radio stations is displayed.

Like station number on top or bottom.

Gulf coast hit music station

Or
Gulf coast hit music station

1 - 18 of 18 Posts