Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got this hood the other day on a trade, I'm thinking once I paint my car, around where the body line that goes into the grille is, paint that area the accent color with a thin pin stripe around it.

What do you guys/gals think though? This hood? Stock? Cowl?

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Hood Coupé

Hood Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Bumper

·
Registered
292 Posts
I think with the emblem and then the scoops the front just looks to open. Just IMO

·
Registered
3,860 Posts
Not a fan. Stock hood with scoop looks better. A cowl hood would look sweet.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm kinda on the fence about it..

I like it but I'm not sure about it you know? I just took the pony off the front end today, I want to put some sort of billet grille in the front because ill probably go with hood pins.

I still have the stock hood, I just switched them out to see what it would look like, I'm talking to a buddy, he has a 4" cowl hood on his 94 and he's looking for something a little different, I might be able to work out a trade. I might paint this one the colors I'm painting the car and see how it looks too

---------- Post added at 10:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:19 PM ----------

stock hood and mach lip is all it takes to make an sn95 look amazing..
That does look purty lol

I doubt id go with any kind of lip or ground effects though, I already have to realign the front bumper and everything in contact with it thanks to a snow covered parking barrier with 4 inch rebar spikes..lol

·
Registered
3,860 Posts
AM have them?

Kinda off topic question, anyone seen a sn95 with foglights in the grille like the gt500s? Idk if it would work, I've just not been able to find a pic
Yes they do. And please don't do that. The grilles are too small and that would look hideous.

·
Registered
7,145 Posts
AM have them?

Kinda off topic question, anyone seen a sn95 with foglights in the grille like the gt500s? Idk if it would work, I've just not been able to find a pic
they sell the gloss black ones...LMR sells the matte black ones...so it's personal preference

as for the fog idea i've seen it done a few times and to me it doesn't look right

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yes they do. And please don't do that. The grilles are too small and that would look hideous.
ok, I may look into a mach chin, that'll give a little more black to go with the paint scheme.

And I'll take your word for it, I was just curious, I've seen sn95s with rice cans, supra spoilers, those haggard stick on "vents", hell I even saw one with a bunch of ricer stickers all over the side (vtec included) but not fogs in the grille.. lol
Have you seen the "evo" body kit for the sn95?

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Agreed, just doesn't seem... well "Mustang" to me.
I liked it off the car, I mean, I like it on the car but I'm just not sure of it.. you guys summed up my thoughts on it really, it doesn't look mustang enough.

I'm sure I can find a trade for a cowl hood, may take some time but its all good. I love the look of cowls on the sn95, couple that with the mach chin slosix posted and I think it would look nicely aggressive.

·
Registered
7,145 Posts
ok, I may look into a mach chin, that'll give a little more black to go with the paint scheme.

And I'll take your word for it, I was just curious, I've seen sn95s with rice cans, supra spoilers, those haggard stick on "vents", hell I even saw one with a bunch of ricer stickers all over the side (vtec included) but not fogs in the grille.. lol
Have you seen the "evo" body kit for the sn95?
i have seen the evo kit in person...makes the car look horrible lol but i guess different strokes for different folks...as for rice cans you'd be surprised how they sound. When i bought my car it had a tuner exhaust on it...Sounded decent lol just didn't look good or i'd of kept it

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
i have seen the evo kit in person...makes the car look horrible lol but i guess different strokes for different folks...as for rice cans you'd be surprised how they sound. When i bought my car it had a tuner exhaust on it...Sounded decent lol just didn't look good or i'd of kept it
I hate the evo kits online, I'm sure id hate them even more in person..

I've heard the rice cans on v6s and they do have a decent sound, I had a 300zx that sounded like a camaro lol but when you see them with 14 inch tips sticking out the back end further than the bumper....lol

·
Registered
7,145 Posts
I hate the evo kits online, I'm sure id hate them even more in person..

I've heard the rice cans on v6s and they do have a decent sound, I had a 300zx that sounded like a camaro lol but when you see them with 14 inch tips sticking out the back end further than the bumper....lol
lol here was day 1 with my car...that exhaust looked horrible but i can't hate on the sound

although since it's a 3.5" tip on it...if mounted in a GT rear bumper i'm sure it'd look a lot better

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
lol here was day 1 with my car...that exhaust looked horrible but i can't hate on the sound

although since it's a 3.5" tip on it...if mounted in a GT rear bumper i'm sure it'd look a lot better
That really doesn't look too terrible, if it had a rolled tip it would look similiar to some of the borla or magnaflow cans.

Personally, when it comes to exhaust, I like it to not be seen.. I took the tail sections out from my mufflers and dumped them right before the axle.. can't see any exhaust, it rumbles more now, and I can actually hear it at idle lol hell of a drone around 1500 but I can live with that for now lol

·
Registered
7,145 Posts
That really doesn't look too terrible, if it had a rolled tip it would look similiar to some of the borla or magnaflow cans.

Personally, when it comes to exhaust, I like it to not be seen.. I took the tail sections out from my mufflers and dumped them right before the axle.. can't see any exhaust, it rumbles more now, and I can actually hear it at idle lol hell of a drone around 1500 but I can live with that for now lol
yeah i use to run dumps like that...now i have borlas :D

1 - 20 of 31 Posts