Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1989 mustang gt, with a few things done to it exhaust, cold air, tune. (manual)

Or a stock 2006 yzf600. The 600 only does 11.5 1/4 miles

The person said they will race their mustang against my 600 if they can have 5 cars from behind on the 1/4 mile so what do you think will happen?

Also, how fast an a car reach in speed in 5 car lengths?

This is a YZF600 NOT an r6, there's a huge difference.

He wants 5 from behind so he gets a start so I cannot launch until he passes me.

Also, another friend of mine has a 2010 stock camaro SS that runs low 13s. What do you think would happen if I gave the camaro a 5 car from behind start?

·
Registered
44 Posts
A quarter of a mile in a straight line is not a race. Throw in a few more miles and some bends – that’s a race.

·
Registered
18 Posts
My answer from the previous question stands. I answered most of this earlier, a car will only get up to around 25-30mph in only 75 feet, they are too heavy. You will beat the Camaro too.

You have already said your bike will do 11.5 in 1/4 mile, so it doesn't matter what it is. The difference between a yzf600 and an r6 is only about 0.2 second. You still have a 2 second advantage over the Camaro, 5 car lengths will not make that much difference, maybe a half a second. You will blow his doors in, probably close to the length of a football field. It won't even be close. I've ridden R6s and YZF600s, and they will both get up to 100mph in the distance I can throw a baseball. No car can even come close.

Like I said, you will go by him before you get out of 1st gear. No factory-built street car has a chance of a snowball in hell over your bike. Trust me on that.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Ya know, this is just the sort of thing that Friday night 'run what ya brung' at the drags is for. Doubtful they will allow a bike and car to run at the same time but hey ya can try. Have fun. Run along now.

·
Registered
44 Posts
600 only does 11.5 1/4 miles

camaro is doing mid 13s..

so thats 1.5 sec quicker for the R6.. 1.5 seconds at the end of the drag stip 1/4 mile would be the distance it covers at 130MPH..

Im thinking the 5 car lengths head start wont get him to the end of the 1/4 mile before the R6

1 - 6 of 6 Posts