Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have an 88 mustang 5.0 pretty much stock and i wanna install a ford racing b303 cam... are there any other parts i have to install to make the cam run right? if so can you tell me what they are and what happens if i dont put those extra parts?

·
Registered
37 Posts
You must upgrade the Throttle position sensor. I cant remember the part number. I did the same mod on a 88 LX 20 years ago!! I ran like a bat outta hell!! It will idle like sh1t if you dont install it. Thats all you gotta do. Of coarse lifters, etc ..

·
Registered
41 Posts
I bet your valve springs are shot and the valve faces and seats could use a touch up along with new valve stem oil seals, might as well have the guides looked at too while you are there. I would replace the springs if that is a high lift cam, shimming them could cause the springs to bind. if u don't replace the timing chain and gears, your new cam will run retarded and not work as well, and if u don't install new lifters, the new cam will fail in short order

how many miles are on that 'stang? if it is over 100K better think again what's going to happen to those piston rings with this mod?

·
Registered
41 Posts
new lifters and timing chain and gear set.
premature wear on the cam and while you are there
the timing chain set is probably getting wore out also.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts