Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2002 Ford Mustang V6 and im looking into converting it into a V8. Does any body know how i go about doing that and the costs.
This car is my future project car and i would like to make it as fast as possible while being road legal. any suggestions?

·
Registered
38 Posts
The easiest solution is to sell the V6 car and purchase a Mustang with a V8 already in it. By the time you spend the money on the parts, and pay for any labor for things you can't do, you would have spent more than you would if you just got another car. Then you can "hop-up" the V8 car and spend less money in the process. If you prefer to keep the car you have, then purchasing a wrecked V8 car would be the way to go and stick with the same year if possible.

·
Registered
25 Posts
well the 3.9 L that should be in it can be modified for under 2500 bucks and will out perform any stock 4.6L mustang. go to roush performance's web site and have fun. if you have to pass any state inpection that includes a emmissions test you will not pass with a v8 in place of the stock 6

1 - 4 of 4 Posts