Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of the first mods I plan to do to my new 2012 GT Automatic Vert is to change the gears.

The car came with stock gears, which I am assuming are the 3.31.

The car is a weekend car primarily. Probably will put on about 12 to 15K miles a year.

I am am not sure if I should go with 3.73 or 4.10? Will I notice much of difference going between 3.31 and 3.73? Should I just go with the 4.10?

Thanks for your assistance.

Mike

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
4:10 is the way to go for an automatic. But they slightly hurt your mpg since your rpms will run a bit higher but heck if we wanted fuel efficient cars we would have a bought a prius instead.

·
Banned
3,606 Posts
In other thread you mentioned a supercharger later. If that is the case wait on gears. Also if know many are running 4.30 gears even on daily drivers. Also first thing for an auto should be a stall. It will be the biggest improvement in the car. Stall/tune/supercharger then gears. If no supercharger then stall and tune.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
In other thread you mentioned a supercharger later. If that is the case wait on gears. Also if know many are running 4.30 gears even on daily drivers. Also first thing for an auto should be a stall. It will be the biggest improvement in the car. Stall/tune/supercharger then gears. If no supercharger then stall and tune.
Pardon my ignorance, but what is a Stall???

Also, a supercharger isn't happening for at least 2 to 3 years.

·
Loc: Austin,TX
5,980 Posts
If its a weekend driver and you wanna have some fun throw in some 4.10.....you wont be disappointed.

·
Banned
3,606 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
OrganDonor said:
Pardon my ignorance also. I have heard people talking about a stall, but still not sure what it is they do. What exactly do they do for the car?
A stall Increases the rpm stall speed of your Mustangs torque converter so the stang will reach the power band sooner and you will get better launches.

·
Banned
3,606 Posts
Above. It basically lets you leave harder at the line. Line a manual can do. A 3600 stall will let you rev your car up to that rpm's to launch it. Cutting better 60ft's and also leaving harder in the power band.

·
Banned
126 Posts
In friend Matthew has a 2011 automatic hi put the 410 And his car is really quick, hi got intake, roush axle back, Sct program custom tune and 410 gear, make 11.9 in 1/4 Thad is a good time for bolt on

---------- Post added at 12:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:45 PM ----------

And hi drive his car every day

·
Registered
151 Posts
2003CobraSvt said:
In friend Matthew has a 2011 automatic hi put the 410 And his car is really quick, hi got intake, roush axle back, Sct program custom tune and 410 gear, make 11.9 in 1/4 Thad is a good time for bolt on

---------- Post added at 12:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:45 PM ----------

Is he in south Louisiana?

·
Banned
3,606 Posts

Not bad but he had a stall he would have dropped more off that time. Over .5 off that et. Most are seeing .5-.7 with a stall. I know a few that are stall/tune/tires/gears running low 11's. No headers, no cold air.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts