Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
if'n I remove my EGR valve. The reason I ask is because I,m finally getting around to installing my phenolic isolator and I'd rather not fool around with the damn tube. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
232stang said:
you wont pass emissions and i belive youll get a MIL
just remember... an MIL is a part that gets rid of the CEL (check engine light). So you take the EGR off and you have to get an MIL to get rid of the CEL.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Im about to do an EGR delete as well. You will get a CEL. I dont think my CEL is wporking cause it hasnt come on once since the H/C/I swap.

·
Premium Member
19,573 Posts
EGR uses MIL to take off CEL which hasn't come on for 98 GreenStallion sinde his H/C/I swap. Anyone who doesn't know what all this means needs to ask lol

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well I reckon I'll just have to stretch that bloody tube. Thanks for the replies guys.

·
Registered
10 Posts
MIL eliminator for the EGR delete

Who makes them, or is there a schematic for them somewhere?

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
miwago said:
Who makes them, or is there a schematic for them somewhere?
Hi Mike! Welcome!!!

Mike is a really innovative mechanic, we talked for over 3 hours
one night and he has some wild ideas, but is capable of executing them!

3.8 OHC anyone? :D

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
3.8 OHC anyone?

Hmmm that would be cool, especially if it were DOHC but that's a pipe dream.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
DOHC is but OHC is technically feasible, Mike is looking into it.

Hey, if I had the money I have the resources here in my town to do basically
anything, including DOHC on this engine. Plus, it's only 1 hour from Indianapolis.

·
Registered
404 Posts
overhead cam... Sign me up. :D

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hey RGR .. nice to see you again.
I like this board alot more than the one RGR and I used to be on. His experience and expertise is immediately obvious in his posts and in talking to him on the phone.

As RGR said, I am looking into making an SOHC setup, with the existing heads. The minor kinks are timing belt routing, and repositioning the waterpump, but some of that is simplified with the ability to remove the timing chain cover. The initial benefits .. lower valvespring tensions, reduced recipricating mass, reduced parasitic horsepower loss and far less valvetrain float at higher RPM's. I still have a great deal of research to do, but I know it is possible. I think the research was NOT done before because the 3.8 has been overlooked in the "purpose built" aftermarket sector, I.E. .. not financially feasible.
As for the DOHC setup, .. I'm sorry, but it would require a completely new head, and it would be far too costly.
Anyway, I am, as RGR said, Mike. Good to be here.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts