Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 14GT. Love the car except for one annoying trait. The "lag" when you hit the pedal. Any one tried anything that actually works?

·
Super Moderator
17,943 Posts
Get a custom tune. Also stop cross posting

·
Registered
318 Posts
Throttle lag

Scottydoesn'tknow +1
Procal or any Tune will remove it.
Spend 300 for the procal or by an sct tuner and upload one of their tunes.
Viola! problem, problem solved.
For haters, ain't sayin use a canned tune as a preference, just saying what comes with the SCT tuner will even fix it.
Let the vitriol begin!
Sorry have an afternoon of data analysis and plotting I ain't looking forward to.

Reactions: hfca

·
Registered
61 Posts
Get a custom tune. Also stop cross posting
Cross posting??? Sorry to have to even ask, but is that posting as a girl but in fact really a dude? Or vice versa.... Geeez.....I didn't even notice. I am so behind in this stuff. I should get my kids to do it for me, I guess. lol wtf byob. Sorry, I'm just putting in every computer shorthand I can think of so I don't look so old and foolish.

I probably shouldn't even hit the Submit Reply button because I have read this and realize how stupid I sound. But I don't know how to erase it all and get back to the read messages part.

Please just disregard the above. All the best.

·
Super Moderator
17,943 Posts
Lol just get in touch with Lund or VMP or AED.

Sent from my Z978 using Mustang Evolution mobile app

·
Registered
5 Posts
Tuner in Minnesota?

I've been looking for this answer. Thanks! Does anyone know of a good tuner in the Minneapolis/Twin Cities area?

·
Registered
900 Posts
Idk what magic sauce y’all are slatherin’ on your bbq but the tune definitely helps...eliminate? Idk (that means I don’t know op, op means original poster since I didn’t see your username and can’t go back on my phone w/o, that means without, losing all I’ve written so far) about totally eliminating it. Certainly night n day difference but not completely gone. Absolutely worth doing b/c the factory settings are annoying as you’ve noticed.
Good luck!

·
Registered
542 Posts
Hey will a tune help jet lag to?�

---------- Post added at 03:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:24 AM ----------

Hey will a tune help jet lag to?�

·
Registered
318 Posts
Lag

Jet Lag Cure = Alcohol
Pedal lag = no alcohol

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Idk what magic sauce y’all are slatherin’ on your bbq but the tune definitely helps...eliminate? Idk (that means I don’t know op, op means original poster since I didn’t see your username and can’t go back on my phone w/o, that means without, losing all I’ve written so far) about totally eliminating it. Certainly night n day difference but not completely gone. Absolutely worth doing b/c the factory settings are annoying as you’ve noticed.
Good luck!
I already have a tune which really woke the car up but that slight lag ( as stated above) is still there. Thought someone was putting out some sort of accessory which eliminates it but I don't recall what it was or who made it.

·
Registered
402 Posts
A carburator would probably do the trick .... jk ;)

It seems to be a pervasive characteristic of any drive by wire system. Not sure you can TRULY get instant throttle response under all conditions on these cars.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 14GT. Love the car except for one annoying trait. The "lag" when you hit the pedal. Any one tried anything that actually works?
Had the same problem with my 2011 GT/CS and the answer is to simply turn off the traction control (TC) immediately after start-up and leave it off. The local Ford dealer told me this and it works. With TC left on and you hit the gas a little hard from a stop the ECU interprets this action as possibly causing a loss of traction so the ECU dumps the ignition momentarily thus the lag. Now I always turn off the TC as well as overdrive. I have the automatic trans version. The local Ford dealer has a shop foreman that actually knows something about cars, just really good guys there.

·
Registered
24 Posts
throttle lag

Hey there I put a thing on my pedal called a Sprint Booster. It has several different settings for your gas pedal and it actually feels like the car has more hp than it does. I used on on a mercedes I owned also. Look at sprintbooster.com you won't be sorry.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts