Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2001 black, convertible, excellent condition except a few small chips on the hood from the previous owner, cold air intake from K and N. Ford MACH 5 sound system. Everthing else is all stock. 73K miles.
I went throught the whole car and change out all of the fluids because they seemed to be a little old. I went and did the full tune up, change all the filters through out. I intended on keeping this car but now we have a baby on the way and is now pointless for my wife to even try to get in it.
Long story short, I bought it from a dealership, paid too much, tried to treat it like a baby and now it's time to sale. Help me find a price to sale in Southern California.

·
Registered
25 Posts
First question, do you owe on it? If so, than that is your bottom selling point (unless your upside down). I know its going to seem dissapointing, but KBB says its worth about 14,800. I used the good price because I've yet to see a car with 73k that in my eyes was excellent. I baby my cars too, but 73k of driving will put some wear on the exterior of any well maintained vehicle especially a vert. I used San Diego as the city, so who knows. The problem with your car (not that its really a problem) is that it looks like a "Terminator" but isn't supercharged. I'd put it at 17 and see if you get any bites. The 03-04's are fetching 25k so maybe you'll find someone who wants the look but not the extra sticker price.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have a 2001 svt cobra too. bought mine for 15,000 and it had 36k on it. has 38k on it now and had it not even a year, so i baby mine. so saying that it's a convt and it's basically stock i wouldn't let it go for under 13,000 because 73k isn't a lot really on a Cobra. i wouldn't sell it myself. good car i wouldn't let it go unless i'm upgrading to a 03-04 but good luck

·
Registered
54 Posts
Put it on ebay.com with a $15 k reserve and $5k starting bid and see what happens, you can lower the reserve at anytime during the auction, it a great tool, also put lots of pictures, I like the $2 picture pack of 24. Do not use the buy-it-now. Good luck

1 - 4 of 4 Posts