Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm most likely an idiot for having this idea, but there's this rather nice '65 Mustang for sale down the road. I'm planning on moving soon and I'll need a second car because my current vehicle, a '65 VW Beetle converted into a Baja Bug, is not an appropriate every day driver. So I'm wondering if it's at all possible to tow the Bug with the Mustang. I know older Mustangs have some pretty amazing torque but I'm not sure it's enough to keep from over exerting the engine by pulling a 1,600 pound car. I've seen stock vintage VW's pulling other VW's but obviously I'm not aware the distance they were towed. So I guess my real question is can a '65 Mustang tow a '65 VW Bug?

·
Registered
41 Posts
your not going to have any problems towing the vw with the mustang, its going to do fine as far as that goes I would suggest a good mechanical inspection and keeping in mind how old the suspension is a good pair of heavy duty shocks would not be out of order I looked at an online shock site that I use for research only, and there are several shocks for this car, no listing for a super heavy duty, but I know there is one available, its limited im sure I lime monroe shock but do not know id any thing exsists for a 65 mustang, KYB also has some good sturdy stuff and I have used them and found them to be good and strong, so a lot depends on your testing the car to see what it is going to need.

·
Registered
31 Posts
You didn't say if it had a v8 but my dad towed vehicles with his when he was younger of course it was 3 years old at the time not 45

1 - 3 of 3 Posts