Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,535 Posts
The best thing to do is to look up videos and sound clips of different exhaust combos and find one that you really like and go with it.
+1 he's exactly right. It's all a matter of opinion and you will have 100 guys telling you what they think but just listen to as many combinations as you can and find what you like.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Personally I would go short tube headers, catted h pipe, and a nice flow master or magna flow cat back muffler. Just me though. Right now I'm rockin the original exhaust on my 87.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Personally I would go short tube headers, catted h pipe, and a nice flow master or magna flow cat back muffler. Just me though. Right now I'm rockin the original exhaust on my 87.
Yea my setup is close I got long tube headers ( Mac) bbk catted h pipes and flowmaster 40 series mufflers it has a deep muscle car sound that is loud at start quiet on idle get on the gas a little it rumbles loud its currently dumped ( no tail pipes) so it's really loud I almost want to get the tail pipes just to throw the noise back and out from under me it gets loud when I get on it I love how it sounds but I'm sure every one has the sound they want check out some different set ups at a muffler shop here they thow on a couple different ones so you can find the sound you want maybe find a muffler shop that will do that in your area hear different mufflers that only helps for muffler tho

·
Registered
257 Posts
Not to high jack, but any suggestions for that 60's muscle car sound? Not really the trendy type to follow flowmasters...

·
Registered
861 Posts
Not to high jack, but any suggestions for that 60's muscle car sound? Not really the trendy type to follow flowmasters...
Unequal length shorties --> off road (no cats) H pipe ---> muffler of your choice (listen to sound clips online) you can get a nice burble/growl depending on your cam and muffler choice

·
Banned
8,044 Posts
I know some people don't want the flowmaster cause that's what everyone has. But not everyone has the 10s I have less than 150$ in my full exhaust and I haven't heard a mustang in person that sounds better than mine unless its a full blown drag car or real horsepower.

Summit shorties brand new on eBay 30$
2 - 10 series 110$
Modified my stock h pipe and deleted the cats and dumped the 10s before the rear axle.

This is what you want your exhaust to.sound like.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBrKBO0VCZM&feature=youtube_gdata_player

·
Registered
69 Posts
Summit shorties strait piped from cat two thrush welded mufflers dumped before back axle nice deep tone nice and loud when romp on it but not raspy if u open the door fill the rumble in ur chest at idle

·
Premium Member
1,499 Posts
Summit shorties strait piped from cat two thrush welded mufflers dumped before back axle nice deep tone nice and loud when romp on it but not raspy if u open the door fill the rumble in ur chest at idle
So you have it dumped so does that's an you have no tail pipes right? And if so how does that look?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts