Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm 16, and I will be driving very soon. I've been looking in classifieds for a well-running used car, but I would like to know what car make would be best for me, being a new driver and all. I want something fuel efficient, sporty, and on the cheaper-side to buy replacement parts when it needs to be fixed. I was originally looking at a used '97 to '00 low-end BMW, but people are telling me that replacement parts for foreign cars (esp. German cars) are really expensive to ship to the US. So, now I'm looking at a '00 or newer Ford Mustang. My budget it about 6 grand.

Any suggestions?
Thanks!

·
Registered
42 Posts
http://urlhawk.com/csf
- here's a good website to look for real good, affordable and quality vehicles from official government auctions!

I bought my Honda Accord for just $2250 with a milage of 5,270!
And it's been already a year I'm riding my car and it's still doing well! I've recommended it to my friends and all of them are enjoying their used cars and have no problem with it!

P.S: Please use Firefox as I just found out the website is only optimized for Firefox browsers and NOT Microsoft Internet Explorers.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Get a sporty Toyota or Honda. German cars are very expensive to service, and Fords don't seem that reliable (although I don't have personal experience of the Mustang). Another thing to consider, your insurance will be VERY spendy for either of the options you've named, as well.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Don't go BMW... maintenance is way too expensive. Mustangs are OK, but domestics aren't the most reliable. If you want sporty, look at an Acura Integra, especially a GSR. Those are both sporty and very reliable (they're imports)

·
Registered
26 Posts
american cars are usually budget friendly , the reason that used japanese cars are more expensive is because they cost very lil to fix and dont break easy , euro cars cost a lot but thats because they uses import and good parts to begin with , yoru budget of 6grand will get you many nice used japanese cars , honda, toyota , u know the civic si would probably rock your boat , with about 190 hp ( the old hatch back one is really nice ) and its a honda so if it breaks its cheap to fix and if you wanna replace the oem parts ( when it break ) with after market parts , its about 50% cheaper or more and gas milage is great too , for 06 and older , i think about 6000 would get u a really nice one with great body , good luck

1 - 5 of 5 Posts