Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking into getting a Mustang fairly soon, and im mostly looking into the 1990 to 2004 period since most are not too expensive...a decent one looks to be about $3000ish. preferably a v8 what year would you say is the easiest to work on (aftermarket and stock maintenance parts), most reliable as daily transportation, and fun? I wanna hear what you guys and girls think.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I would go for a 91-92 Fox body, All things equal. These had the forged internals, plenty were made and still going strong. 1990 and back just be aware that to replace the heater core you have to take the whole dash out to change. That's abought 800$ 91's they started putting in a door to get to it under the dash. in 1993 they went to hyperthuretic pistons, not quite as strong to save money. Reliable,248,000 daily driver on my 90 GT convertible! only thing that's needed to be replace1) transmission 2) fuel injectors started leaking,3 out of 8, 3) power window motors,4) Heater core. It's the most fun to drive and still runs great!!!

·
Registered
28 Posts
I agree that the 89 LX is best for cheep. That is, if you have a lot of money to put into it. It is 20 yrs. old and will need work as a daily driver. I have a 2002 GT. Fun car and sales from 7k to 10k. I would suggest a 99 GT. Find one descent miles for around 5k and still have the power improved 4.6.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I would look at the 88-90 mustang LX or GT. They are a pretty good car and easy to work on (compared to new ones). My buddy had one and had it doing high 12's in the quarter so they can be made fast on a budget too.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I have had 65,69,73 and 76 for me it was the1976 cobra what a fun car but you have to drive them its a question all will think there mustang was the one.

·
Registered
46 Posts
yes, i have to agree with him. In my opinion 1988-1992 5.0's are easiest, reliable when working properly, and sound great!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts