Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok a long time ago I was trying to figure out why the spark plugs that I pulled out of my 89 5.0 were way different than the ones advance autoparts gave me. I figured out the motor is 87 HO 5.0 and when i was dinking around on summits racing it asked for the engine class and one was small block windsor and the other was Ford boss. Could a difference in the engine class mean the difference in the plugs from my car and what the parts store gave me back then?

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I WISH I could figure out what they are. I am pretty sure the plugs I have in it are longer than the stock ones and I've had valve covers off before and didn't find any special markings beside a Ford stamp.

·
Banned
8,044 Posts
E6 heads have longer plugs. You hope you don't have those.

But gt40 heads also have longer plugs. They have identifying marks on the front and back. These are a very popular swap. You can find the proper identifying information in the useful stickies thread.

·
Registered
254 Posts
I have edelbrok victor jr heads on mine and the stamp is on the front of te head. There should be a part number there as well

·
Banned
8,779 Posts
Re: difference in cylinder heads?

The "front" of a cylinder head is usually where all markings are on any head, BUT remember the "front" of one head will be facing the front of the car and one will be facing the rear.

·
Banned
8,779 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So out of curiosity if they are gt 40 or gt 40 p heads what kind of power gain would that motor have over a stock 5.0. I also have a cold air on it currently as well.

·
Banned
8,779 Posts
So out of curiosity if they are gt 40 or gt 40 p heads what kind of power gain would that motor have over a stock 5.0. I also have a cold air on it currently as well.
Not a lot, maybe 20-30 HP is what I have seen mentioned.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts