Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is themost aggressive gear I can use in a standard v6 rear (2000)
I am a while from needing a 8.8.

·
You want to **** me?
4,043 Posts
4.10 probably... 5 speed people usually go with 3.73's though so they actually have a first gear. In my auto im outta first gear by 25, i couldnt imagine how quick itd go in a 5 speed.

·
Registered
941 Posts
if you know now you want an 8.8 someday, don't waste a dime with the 7.5.

i got new gears installed on an almost new rear end, plus cost of rear end all for 575$.

for tlok and gears installed it will be about 450$ or more.

pretty easy math isn't it!

i have 4.10s in my 00 5spd and i wouldn't go any higher. if i'm speeding (say 47mph) in a 40 mph zone, i get into 5th gear if that tells you anything!

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Aggessive

Well my reason is the faster I launch the faster I can hit the nitrous, or build to boost, etc. Top end.. well face it, in street race by me top limit is usually about 120. Most rice can't fry faster than that by me.

·
Registered
941 Posts
Re: Aggessive

ASSEMbler said:
Well my reason is the faster I launch the faster I can hit the nitrous, or build to boost, etc. Top end.. well face it, in street race by me top limit is usually about 120. Most rice can't fry faster than that by me.
you won't be about to go past 100mph with 4.10s while redlining even...

learn more, then act. good luck!

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
100 with 4.10

I can't go past 100 if I use 4.10?
I take the car to 110+ every day.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Rellik said:
I've seen gear ratios up in the 5's somewhere. I'll look for a link...
the highest i have ever seen for the 7.5 rear is 4.56s. those have to be custom made too and are pretty expensive. for the 8.8, they actually make them in the 6's

ASSEMbler said:
why do you go that high? kills your mpg, too fast, endangering lives (including yours), tickets, etc. just not worth it. be smart, drive smart.

with 4.10s you can go 100+ you just need a chip to recal the speedo and since youre a 2000, it will fix the speedo and youll be really close to redlining. take your rpm's at any specific speed, and add about 500 to it. thats what 4.10s will do to upping your rpms. so if at 110mph, youre at 3100 and your redline is 3600, then you would be at redline doing 110mph w/ 4.10s

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
Re: 100 with 4.10

ASSEMbler said:
well then you have a chip with a 2000 If not you are like 15 or more MPH off so you are not going 110

·
Premium Member
1,350 Posts
V6PowerStang said:
if you know now you want an 8.8 someday, don't waste a dime with the 7.5.

i got new gears installed on an almost new rear end, plus cost of rear end all for 575$.

for tlok and gears installed it will be about 450$ or more.

pretty easy math isn't it!

i have 4.10s in my 00 5spd and i wouldn't go any higher. if i'm speeding (say 47mph) in a 40 mph zone, i get into 5th gear if that tells you anything!
I would NEVER recommend replacing the gears on the 7.5" rear end. I did, and for the same damn money I could have had the same damn gears with the T-lok in an 8.8!

Here is the saying I've been living by... "There's never enough money to do it right the first time, but always enough money to do it again!"

Don't make the same mistakes I made.

Don't install gears in your 7.5
Don't get Shorty Headers
Don't spend over $100 on a CAI
Don't Buy GT Wheels when good deals come across on the Steeda UltraLights! :oops:

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
I dont 100 % buy the dont put gears in a 7.5 I would say that if you are a track rat and are going to use slicks and you are pushing 300 hp. But at the same time you come across a good deal on 8.8 hell go for it.

Dont get shorty header unless you want to keep near stock and you have a 99+ with crappy exhaust headers. Us lucky enough to have 97-97 have nice headers and unless you are one again going over 300 dont bother changing them

CAI are nice I like them but as to there claims of HP by themselves I think a nominal gain is there just dont think it is as some claim 10 to 15 HP unless you have a larger T/B and stage 3 intakes and heads

Corey

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Speed

Yes, I peg the needle almost every day. On open road, with no one on it. This are highway stretches with no shoulder on either side ( I know, insta-death in a wreck) and there are no cops.

Any idea what an 8.8 and a Tloc 4.10 would cost? So I know what to look for. And yes, stage 3 is on the way and will go on top of a complete rebuild. I got the block off a local wrecker for $200 as it has no ECU.

110 redline on 4.10 would be a problem. I mean, I don't own the mustang to go slow.. If I go with a lower gearing, what can i do to get off the line faster?

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
There are safe time on the interstate where you can drive WOT. That is where I speed most often. It is wide open and the pavement is in good condition usually.

Corey

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

A 4.88 I'd have to worry about the front end lifting off the ground, right?

·
You want to **** me?
4,043 Posts
i think your biggest concern would be topping 90 even with the rev limiter removed :D

1 - 20 of 27 Posts