Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a 2003 Base for my daughter. It has 100K miles, but is in decent shape. I think it's been lowered (muffler scrapes going over certain speed bumps), but I don't know enough about Mustangs to say for sure. Measuring from the ground to the lowest point of the body (bottom edge of rocker panel), it's 6 1/4 inches off the ground.
Can anyone tell me what the standard height of this car should be? Thanks, I appreciate any educated advice on this.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Just bought a 2003 Base for my daughter. It has 100K miles, but is in decent shape. I think it's been lowered (muffler scrapes going over certain speed bumps), but I don't know enough about Mustangs to say for sure. Measuring from the ground to the lowest point of the body (bottom edge of rocker panel), it's 6 1/4 inches off the ground.
Can anyone tell me what the standard height of this car should be? Thanks, I appreciate any educated advice on this.
That sounds about right for a stock height car. My car is lowered and I have about 3 inches of ground clearance

·
Registered
3,903 Posts
Yup pics will help.

·
Registered
4,265 Posts
u should check under the car to see if one of the muffler hangers is broke. maybe thats why it easily scrapes. im lowered a little more than that and i dont scrape alot on speed bumps. but then again i go into speedbumps in a certain angle so nothing really scrapes

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the information. If I did want to raise it an inch or so, what's the best / cheapeast way to do it?

·
Registered
991 Posts
Grayscout said:
Thanks for the information. If I did want to raise it an inch or so, what's the best / cheapeast way to do it?
Find stock springs from someone who just lowered. I just threw mine away because noone wanted them lol.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts