Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have always loved the look of a 12 inch or 13 in slick under a mustang.. But can't find any info on how big the wheel can possibly be. Would love to get an 11 or 12 inch wide wheel.

·
Banned
510 Posts
Dude if you go wider than a 10 it's gonna slow you down. For what you have goin on I wouldn't go wider than a 9 with a 285. Just my 2 cents. I was talking to a guy with a Mach at the track and he said that when he went from stock rims to 18" staggered he lost .4, which is a ****load.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
muscledom said:
Dude if you go wider than a 10 it's gonna slow you down. For what you have goin on I wouldn't go wider than a 9 with a 285. Just my 2 cents. I was talking to a guy with a Mach at the track and he said that when he went from stock rims to 18" staggered he lost .4, which is a ****load.
I have a different set of rims for the track lol and I want that car show look on the street. I already have 10'a in the back too.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
muscledom said:
No doubt. I just got a set of 15s myself. You might have to get mini tubbed
I would do it. Anybody know any sites where I can find 11 or 12 inch wide wheels??

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
I would do it. Anybody know any sites where I can find 11 or 12 inch wide wheels??
There is a shop in Texas that can widen any wheel, I'll look for it

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
2300turboford said:
Billet specialties will make u a custom set for ur car
How do I go about asking? Call/email? And do you know of any forum that a person has done this?

·
Registered
121 Posts
I am running a 18" x 10" wide in the back (Godspeed Omega) which I am getting widened to 11.5" down the road (Weldcraft Wheels Wheel Widening Wheel Repairs Wheel Restoration). Right now I am running 315/35-18 Toyo TQ drag radials on them but propably will go to 335's once I get them widened. Most likely have to remove the shock boots and maybe the bump stops and recolcate the sway bay (like for the 15" drag rims). The 315's fit on a 10" wide wheel without issues if you are just looking for a wider tire, they they do stick out about 1/8".

There is a guy on another forum that did his Roush wheels http://www.modularfords.com/f79/dimoras-weldcraft-wheel-widening-aka-operation-185207/

HTH

(BTW, the pic below is old, dont have them wheels on it anymore) :)

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
05bluestang said:
I am running a 18" x 10" wide in the back (Godspeed Omega) which I am getting widened to 11.5" down the road (Weldcraft Wheels Wheel Widening Wheel Repairs Wheel Restoration). Right now I am running 315/35-18 Toyo TQ drag radials on them but propably will go to 335's once I get them widened. Most likely have to remove the shock boots and maybe the bump stops and recolcate the sway bay (like for the 15" drag rims). The 315's fit on a 10" wide wheel without issues if you are just looking for a wider tire, they they do stick out about 1/8".

There is a guy on another forum that did his Roush wheels http://www.modularfords.com/f79/dimoras-weldcraft-wheel-widening-aka-operation-185207/

HTH

(BTW, the pic below is old, dont have them wheels on it anymore) :)
Wow. If I could just have MINE widened then I would shut up. Just need a freshen up. Clear coat is getting chalky and have weird "spots" on them. They do paint and clear coat as well?

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well guys I've talked to a few companies, white line performance sent me over to vorshlog and they sent me to another place, they're all gonna help me put this little hobby to work. I only would need a sway bar and to relocate that new sway bar. I really think I'm gonna do it.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Wow. If I could just have MINE widened then I would shut up. Just need a freshen up. Clear coat is getting chalky and have weird "spots" on them. They do paint and clear coat as well?
Sorry, haven't been around for a while....
No, they only do repairs and widening, no painting or powder coating.

HTH

1 - 14 of 14 Posts