Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There are plastic panels that stick inward from the rear of the rocker panels in front of the rear wheels .... any idea what these are for? I ask because the install instructions for the Roush side splitter I read requires some cutting on these ... if they do not do anything I'll just then off.

They are flimsy anyway ... not sure if they are functional and offer nothing (IMO) aesthetically.

·
Registered
3,036 Posts
As far as I can tell, they are basically just a backwards mud flap to stop you filling the rocker covers with dirt and water when reversing.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That would make sense, then. I was curious as the instructions said "if your car has them installed" ... which is sound like something optional.

·
Registered
3,036 Posts
IDK, maybe it's something that only comes with the optional packages like BBP, because of the different wheels and tires. I haven't really glassed alot of other 5.0s that closely to know though.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Unless there is a compelling reason to keep them I am not going to cut them ... just take them off. It's a separate piece.

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
My Base model '11 5.0 had them. After I lowered it, they got all beat up so I tore them off.
same here base model 2011 5.0 has them. One is actually bent funny from I guess something I hit, keep forgetting to fix it since it is such a silly thing on the car.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
But does anyone really KNOW what it's for? I have never seen anything like it before and it seems pointless.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts