Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
3,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
May be in the wrong section but I'm growing irritated and worried kinda.

What is this? This is all over my hood in certain lights. How do I get rid of it, and is it heat causing it? It's freshly cleaned and I've always washed outside then cleaned inside our garage but since I moved out its all done outside, does this affect it?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
Does it seem like a small dark stain? If so, it's usually an oil. Using a spray wax and a little elbow time will take it off. But so will washing throughly with a wash mitt. I get this mostly from road crap or crappy wash water. I usually have to use spray wax and elbow grease to get it off.

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Does it seem like a small dark stain? If so, it's usually an oil. Using a spray wax and a little elbow time will take it off. But so will washing throughly with a wash mitt. I get this mostly from road crap or crappy wash water. I usually have to use spray wax and elbow grease to get it off.
+1^

After you're done waxing or quick spray wax go over the entire vehicle with a real smooth clean cloth. You'll see those marks disappear.

·
Premium Member
5,548 Posts
All I see is a dark hood, and a shadow of a person snapping a picture. Maybe a ghost?

·
Registered
619 Posts
Are you doing a 2 bucket wash? Crappy wash water is a no,no! Rinse your mitt in a seperate
bucket.

·
Premium Member
5,548 Posts
Are you doing a 2 bucket wash? Crappy wash water is a no,no! Rinse your mitt in a seperate
bucket.
And wash from the top of the vehicle down. And avoid direct sunlight if possible.

Has the OP tried using a clay bar?

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
bucket.
Figured I would elaborate on my "crappy water" I mean it's hard water and can leave spots or deposits the are dissolved in the water. Those can lead to smudges like this once you do a quick job of waxing. The fix is the same as stated above.

·
Registered
3,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Looks like ghosting from a waxing that wasn't buffed out, like they said get a detailer like Meguires or Ice and a microfiber buffing rag, it will come right out and look sick!
I use McGuires btw and have waxed it about a month ago. Could it be the city water is different from the country water I'm used to

---------- Post added at 02:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:03 PM ----------

And wash from the top of the vehicle down. And avoid direct sunlight if possible.

Has the OP tried using a clay bar?
Never used one. This is brand new from the metal up black on my white

---------- Post added at 02:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:04 PM ----------

But if its the city water, how do I fix that?

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
You just need to put the elbow grease into removing the marks from the car. Unless you start using a distilled water to rise with, you're not gonna see much change by using hose filter as the deposits are dissolved in the water.

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Filters can filter dissolved materials too. It all depends on how fine the filter is and what it's meant to remove. Anyway, check it out. I need to get one myself soon.

·
Registered
3,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Grit guard. Automotive soap I use a couple mitts. A microfiber mitt with the little finger things on it, a bug and tar mitt) kinda a jersey feeling material), and a big fluffy mitt.
I have a blue one with the finger stuff, other side is a yellow mesh. From Walmart and I use blue coral because its cheap and it doesn't strip away my wax job as fast. I feel as if I've ruined my black beautiful paint forever

·
Registered
3,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Btw, I learned a nice trick to removing bugs no matter how caked on. Simple green or simple green max, microfiber rag will take it smoothe off no scrubbing!
Wish I knew that yesterday too though. Almost scratched my white bumper trying to get them off

·
Registered
97 Posts
Wish I knew that yesterday too though. Almost scratched my white bumper trying to get them off
I got lucky, two of my friends are car buffs and after washing it a few times and seeing a bugs life still on my bumper I asked them. I gave it a try and my jaw hit the floor. Make sure you spray them, let it sit for like 5-10 secs and then wipe off. The simple green will remove your wax too so you're gonna have to go over your bumper and hood again. I keep a bottle of ICE wipe on wax in the trunk for that reason.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts