Mustang Evolution Forum banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Well it may be stock but my 2012 didn't look like that. ..

Sent from my SM-G900V using Mustang Evolution mobile app

·
Registered
727 Posts
Save a $100 and get the barton. Exact same thing. Just doesn't have thr dumb ford symbol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app
This, Barton makes the Ford racing version.

·
Registered
241 Posts
They should give us the shifter and install for free. ...

·
Registered
3,036 Posts
For those still working on the factory shifter, mgw offers a support bushing upgrade for 25 bucks shipped that stiffens the link arm between the shifter box and the trans by replacing the cushy factory bushing with a steel one. Mines on the way. I already have a steeda bracket and whiteline bushing and have been pretty satisfied with that. For 25 though, this is worth a try. You need to call them to order it.

·
Registered
3,036 Posts
Also this bushing is claimed to upgrade the non race spec mgw to almost race spec level of performance.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Also this bushing is claimed to upgrade the non race spec mgw to almost race spec level of performance.

I wish MGW would have told me about this when I ordered my regular shifter last week. It's on it's way as we speak. They are offering a decent discount on the old style though.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

·
Registered
241 Posts
Yes the discount is good but I want the race spec it's more money but I have to have it.They won't be ready to ship till after the 2nd of February. ....

·
Registered
9 Posts
I put the MGW racing short shifter on my 2014 GT convertible and it's night and day, actually it's the dawn of day, the factory shifter is almost as if they didn't even test it before putting it on the car, by far the worst factory shifter I've ever used. The MGW was not cheap but less than the Ford Racing shifter and is extremely smooth. I did look at the Barton but called each Barton and MGW and got a much better response from MGW. They know what they are talking about (not saying Barton doesn't) and I really felt comfortable when I got done with the conversation. Happy Shifting!

21 - 40 of 40 Posts