Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Next purchase is a bama tune, I want to know what everyone else is running and what kind of performance gains you've seen

·
Registered
3,824 Posts
How the 91s for daily driving? And is the 91r really that different?
The higher the octane the better mileage, and performance and it's better for the motor itself.

I love my hybrid as daily. It's chill during normal conditions and when I need to haul ass it picks up quick! I love it! And with 91 I get more miles in my tank. I used to get 280miles out of a full tank now I get 320 but that was before my new gears :/ now I get about 240 lol but that's what happens when I wanna put 4.10 gears LOL

·
Registered
71 Posts
The higher the octane the better mileage, and performance and it's better for the motor itself.

I love my hybrid as daily. It's chill during normal conditions and when I need to haul ass it picks up quick! I love it! And with 91 I get more miles in my tank. I used to get 280miles out of a full tank now I get 320 but that was before my new gears :/ now I get about 240 lol but that's what happens when I wanna put 4.10 gears LOL
Wow I'm getting close to 350 miles out of a full tank of gas with my car being a 2013 v6 bone stock

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah I was too til I got some mods and now it's hard to keep my foot off the pedal. Still getting about 23 in the city though

·
Registered
3,824 Posts
Yeah I was too til I got some mods and now it's hard to keep my foot off the pedal. Still getting about 23 in the city though
I get about 18 too I was doing 24 city

---------- Post added at 10:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:09 PM ----------

How the 91s for daily driving? And is the 91r really that different?
The 93 race is all top end power and the throttle response is like 5X better! I fish tail when I take off with it so I gotta get larger tires and get a new LSD to make my wheels spin together properly

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Next purchase is a bama tune, I want to know what everyone else is running and what kind of performance gains you've seen
Lmteel,

There's a few ways to go when choosing Bama tunes. Luckily, you can order any tune you like and switch to another if it doesn't fit your needs. That's one of the big benefits of being a Free Tunes for Life member!

If this was my car, I would pick up a 91 Street tune, 93 Hybrid tune, and a 93 Race tune. This way, you'll have the Street tune for road trips or daily driving and not have to worry what octane the gas stations have available. Plus, the Street or Performance tune is require if you need to pass emissions in your county.

The Hybrid tune is a combination of our Torquey Street tune and our all out Race tune! It's probably the most powerful tune we have and is exclusively made for our Forum members. The Hybrid tune is my favorite tune available from Bama!

Our Race tune is very aggressive from mid-ranged to high RPM. It's a great tune for the track as well, but has a different power band than our Hybrid tune.

Enjoy your new Bama tunes and let me know if there's anything else I can do to help!

Shane

·
Registered
569 Posts
I only have 93 octane for all three of mine. I only buy the 93, though. I run street most of the time. No need for race on the streets. I noticed a huge gain in power. Much more aggressive and throttle response is much faster. To see the biggest gain, other mods are a must, though.

·
It's not me, it's you.
6,752 Posts
I need to data log. My throttle falls on its ass with the 93 Race tune. 93 Street & Performance work fine though.

·
Registered
280 Posts
No, only when I go wot there's about a 1second delay where the throttle chokes. It only does it with the 93 Race tune.
Oh Ok, sometimes my rpms fall really fast when I let out of it. Doesn't die just takes about 3-5 seconds to equal out. Only done it a handful of times.

·
Registered
3,463 Posts
Oh Ok, sometimes my rpms fall really fast when I let out of it. Doesn't die just takes about 3-5 seconds to equal out. Only done it a handful of times.
Rev hanging? I thought that was eliminated with a tune. And ford is notorious about throttle lag.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts