Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am wanting to get long tube headers w/catted x, but not sure which kind to get. Do I need stainless steel, ceramic coated, titanium coated, or whatever ? Been looking at BBK ceramic from AM, but really not sure. Car is a daily driver. Any suggestions?

·
Banned
510 Posts
Stainless would be the way to go. I got some cheap OBX headers only because they were $200 on Craigslist. The quality is ok but the fitment is suspect. They're fine for what I need them for.

·
Banned
510 Posts
mjblue09 said:
Any idea what material they are coating ? Is it stainless, or mild steel, or what
They're stainless steel. As far as the appearance goes, they're all gonna look like **** after a while. The metal will turn blue from the heat so if I were you I wouldn't sweat the finish too much.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Not really worried about the looks as much as how long they will last. From mid pipes back is all stainless. Just wasn't sure about how long stainless would last with that much heat.

·
Banned
510 Posts
Yea dude if you don't live in live mass or anywhere it snows and they salt the roads, you'll be good. Living near the beach will **** your **** up too.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts