Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to spend under $200 for some LCA. I am not planning on doing a full suspension for atleast 6 months if not more. All depends on how things go with my new job and bills and what not. Also have a lot of mods I plan to do before suspension.

ANYWAY.

I had kinda narrowed down to two different units. The Eibach Pro-Alignment LCA that are adjustable. Also the BMR that are not.

Eibach Mustang Pro-Alignment Control Arm (05-13 All) 5.72345k - Free Shipping!

BMR Mustang Rear Lower Control Arms with Poly Bushings - Hammertone Finish (05-13 All) TCA019H - Free Shipping!

Pro for the Eibach is they are adjustable, stiffer, and don't need to be greased(from what I can tell?) but may cause more NVH. Reviews on this unit are confusing as some say it gives substantial NVH, others say it didn't change at all. Wondering if it doesn't change NVH much if you already have an extremely loud exhaust that rattles the car to begin with?

Pro for the BMR was really just that it should tighten the back end up some more than stock, and that it really shouldn't be any louder.

Any Recos? Anything other brands I should be looking at?

Thanks!

·
Registered
227 Posts

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
McQueen said:
Are the models included?? Lol

What is the difference between those and the stock ones?
Sorry, might be because I am tired, but not sure what your asking.

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
nosympathy said:
Sorry, might be because I am tired, but not sure what your asking.
The difference between the stock lca and the aftermarket lca. Is it recommendable to get the lca relocation bracket?

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
McQueen said:
The difference between the stock lca and the aftermarket lca. Is it recommendable to get the lca relocation bracket?
Well the after market will be stiffer. So less give when the axle pushes the suspension. I don't think you need the relocation bracket unless you lower the car.

From what I have read though, you do have to replace all the bolts though. They are one time use bolts. Looks to be about 25$ to get all the bolts replaced.

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
nosympathy said:
Well the after market will be stiffer. So less give when the axle pushes the suspension. I don't think you need the relocation bracket unless you lower the car.

From what I have read though, you do have to replace all the bolts though. They are one time use bolts. Looks to be about 25$ to get all the bolts replaced.
Thanks, i will be looking into the relocating bracket bc i am going 1.5 inch drop.

·
Registered
3,824 Posts
nosympathy said:
Looking to spend under $200 for some LCA. I am not planning on doing a full suspension for atleast 6 months if not more. All depends on how things go with my new job and bills and what not. Also have a lot of mods I plan to do before suspension.

ANYWAY.

I had kinda narrowed down to two different units. The Eibach Pro-Alignment LCA that are adjustable. Also the BMR that are not.

Eibach Mustang Pro-Alignment Control Arm (05-13 All) 5.72345k - Free Shipping!

BMR Mustang Rear Lower Control Arms with Poly Bushings - Hammertone Finish (05-13 All) TCA019H - Free Shipping!

Pro for the Eibach is they are adjustable, stiffer, and don't need to be greased(from what I can tell?) but may cause more NVH. Reviews on this unit are confusing as some say it gives substantial NVH, others say it didn't change at all. Wondering if it doesn't change NVH much if you already have an extremely loud exhaust that rattles the car to begin with?

Pro for the BMR was really just that it should tighten the back end up some more than stock, and that it really shouldn't be any louder.

Any Recos? Anything other brands I should be looking at?

Thanks!
I went cheap and bought J&M LCA's

·
Registered
453 Posts
Potentially silly question ... I have not seen a car with a relocation bracket in person ... but it looks like in pics that they stick down. Does it introduce any ground clearance issues?

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
mmike87 said:
Potentially silly question ... I have not seen a car with a relocation bracket in person ... but it looks like in pics that they stick down. Does it introduce any ground clearance issues?
It is a mustang not a jeep lol jk, i think it will maybe an inch or so.

·
Registered
453 Posts
It is a mustang not a jeep lol jk, i think it will maybe an inch or so.
lol ... yeah, I wasn't able to find any lift kits ... I love the lowered look, but there are some pretty severe speed humps and I have already scraped my h-pipe once. Nothing substantial ... but nerve-wracking.

As close as the brackets are to the axle it would probably not be an issue.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Lol. Still don't have an answer to what LCA I should buy haha!
I bought the same BMR LCA you have listed a few months back and they work just fine. I also bought a BMR adjustable UCA and BMR LCA Relocation Brackets. I do a lot of drag racing and with the BMR produces I have there is very little wheel hop. The backend is also more predictable and doesn’t jump around or feel loose when mashing the peddle around corners.

Ground clearance is not an issue with the Relocation Brackets on the stock 19’ wheels and tires. The only clearance issue I’ve had so far is in a drive through car wash. The driver’s side bracket hits the car wash tire guide. The bracket sticks down about 1 ¼ to low to clear the car wash tire guide.

I bought the Relocation Brackets to help the tires hook up better and they have made a world of difference. Before the Relocation Brackets I could easily get 2nd, 3rd, & 4th gear to chirp the tires. After I installed the Relocation Brackets the tires no longer chirp as the power of the Coyote is being put to the ground.

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Coyote 5 said:
I bought the same BMR LCA you have listed a few months back and they work just fine. I also bought a BMR adjustable UCA and BMR LCA Relocation Brackets. I do a lot of drag racing and with the BMR produces I have there is very little wheel hop. The backend is also more predictable and doesn’t jump around or feel loose when mashing the peddle around corners.

Ground clearance is not an issue with the Relocation Brackets on the stock 19’ wheels and tires. The only clearance issue I’ve had so far is in a drive through car wash. The driver’s side bracket hits the car wash tire guide. The bracket sticks down about 1 ¼ to low to clear the car wash tire guide.

I bought the Relocation Brackets to help the tires hook up better and they have made a world of difference. Before the Relocation Brackets I could easily get 2nd, 3rd, & 4th gear to chirp the tires. After I installed the Relocation Brackets the tires no longer chirp as the power of the Coyote is being put to the ground.
Thanks for the response. I loose the back end way to much. I had the car skid out on my taking a turn one day too because I gave it to much gas and broke the back end free. I didn't end up buying the LCAs yet, because I am going to wait till springtime. I spent 2 hours out in 25 degree weather installing my boss splitter. The LCAs would take longer just from it being cold and moving slow.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Thanks for the response. I loose the back end way to much. I had the car skid out on my taking a turn one day too because I gave it to much gas and broke the back end free. I didn't end up buying the LCAs yet, because I am going to wait till springtime. I spent 2 hours out in 25 degree weather installing my boss splitter. The LCAs would take longer just from it being cold and moving slow.

I totally understand what you mean about it being too cold outside to install LCA’s. Although the LCA’s don’t really take that long to install if that’s all you’re doing. You might want to look into getting the BMR LCA Relocation Brackets. The Relocation Brackets really do help with keeping the tires planted to the ground. I don’t plan on lowering my Mustang but if I do I already have the LCA Relocation Brackets in place.

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Coyote 5 said:
I totally understand what you mean about it being too cold outside to install LCA’s. Although the LCA’s don’t really take that long to install if that’s all you’re doing. You might want to look into getting the BMR LCA Relocation Brackets. The Relocation Brackets really do help with keeping the tires planted to the ground. I don’t plan on lowering my Mustang but if I do I already have the LCA Relocation Brackets in place.
Yeah I'll check that out. I do plan to lower my car someday so it would be good too have.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts