Mustang Evolution Forum banner

12841 - 12860 of 12883 Posts

·
Registered
8,244 Posts
What I find incredible is if you pay close attention to the car it has no additional aero pieces and it’s on stock wheels.

Pick your poison.
The car definitely has good aerodynamics straight from the factory!

Here is something else to ponder.... That guy drove that car 300 mph on a set of DOT legal Hoosier R7 tires.
Who among us has the balls to do that?!?
The owner says that they make no more than two passes on each set of tires, with a careful inspection after the first run.
He says that he has a whole bunch of "slightly" used R7's with only 5 miles on them, if anyone is interested. :lol:

·
Premium Member
6,697 Posts
Recon, check these out. The 54cal Hawken, 1873 45lc and the 44cal 1851 Navy.

Some fine pieces right there. I quite like that rifle. I bet it’s a blast to shoot.
Here’s three of mine:
IMG_2268.jpg
^ H&R Shikari M155 (1870 replica) .45-70
IMG_2247.jpg
^ Hakim. Egyptian military rifle in the 50’s-60’s. 8MM. Was replaced by the AK.
IMG_2170.jpg
^Swiss 1911. Numbers matching WW1 military bolt action rifle. 7.5x55. Predecessor to the K31.

Pick your poison.

·
Registered
708 Posts
The Hawken with a full charge and a mini ball will set you back on your heels.
Those are some nice rifles, LOVE the 45-70

---------- Post added at 10:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:56 AM ----------

·
Premium Member
6,697 Posts

---------- Post added at 10:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:56 AM ----------

Believe it or not I’ve been told the recoil on the Hakim is very mild. The weapon weighs almost 10lbs and it also has a gas tube. Also I meant 1950’s-1960’s not in the 1800’s.
My weapons from the 1800’s style are both Lever actions, a double barrel, and the single shot. All replicas that use modern ammo of course.

Pick your poison.

·
Registered
708 Posts
I meant my 54 cal Hawken. It weighs close to your Hawkim I bet, but pushing a bullet as big as a 300 grain mini ball with 250 grains of black powder to bring down a Bison tends to sting the shoulder.

·
Premium Member
6,697 Posts
I must say though that shooting one of those puts a great big smile on your face, once all the smoke clears.

I meant my 54 cal Hawken. It weighs close to your Hawkim I bet, but pushing a bullet as big as a 300 grain mini ball with 250 grains of black powder to bring down a Bison tends to sting the shoulder.

That’s my mistake, I misunderstood. That’s a big ball with some considerable powder behind it. I bet it’s a party. I think it’s a very attractive looking weapon.
I have a 405 grain bullet for my single shot, and it’s about the lightest bullet available. I’ve been told you can go over 500 grains for a 45-70. How accurate that statement is I’m not sure. Basing it strictly on what I’ve been told.
A customer mine has a gun range at his house that I plan on going to when it gets consistently warmer out. Several people will attend and I plan on bringing everything. I’ve asked a friend of mine to come who’s more than twice my size weight wise. He’ll let me know if something is too rowdy or not. My biggest concern is I don’t want to drop any of the weapons. Especially my military ones.
Any other interesting members of your arsenal?

Pick your poison.

·
Registered
708 Posts
And yes the conical bullets that I use in the Hawkens and the 44 Navy colt are 400/450 and 200/250 respectively. I only use 150/175 grains of black powder in the Hawkens with conical bullets because of accuracy and pain. I use 20/25 in the Navy. Could use up to 40 but just don't find it necessary. When I shoot black powder in my 1873 45 those are 200 or 250 grain lead RNFP full loads and they make a big bang with lots of smoke. But what a mess to clean up. Most of the time I shoot 250 grain lead RNFP cowboy rounds in it. That pistol is designed for modern rounds. The smokeless powder is SO much cleaner and easier clean up after target fun.

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Finally home after a week in Cincinnati. Took 13 hours to fly from Cincinnati airport to Greensboro, NC, through Newark. 4 hour delay in Newark from storms ion the east coast. I hate flying but glad to be home.

·
Premium Member
6,697 Posts
IMG_2378.jpg
Picked her up on Easter.
There’s also another rifle he has that I’m very interested in getting so we’ll if it happens.

Pick your poison.

·
Premium Member
6,697 Posts
Yes, that's what I was trying to make out was the engraving on the cylinder. Nice pistol, get the rifle, I'm sure it will look good in your collection.

The rifle is more than the 2V GT I’m getting ready to acquire. But it’s only if he’s ready to sell. He doesn’t want to part with it. I don’t blame him. If it was mine it’d be one of the last I’d get rid of. Unmolested and untouched Sharps single shot. It’s a gorgeous weapon and in great shape for being as old as it is.
On another side note, finished paying for this today:
IMG_2385.jpg
Lefever 12 gauge double barrel.

Pick your poison.

·
Premium Member
6,697 Posts
That's nice, except I think the barrel could be a tad bit longer.

It’s maybe 3in longer than my Stevens double barrel.
Funny thing is there’s a few double barrels at the store that are approximately 6in longer. One in particular is a hammered variant that I’d like to have but the price is too much at the moment.

Pick your poison.

12841 - 12860 of 12883 Posts