Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
02 GT 5 spd. My exterior is done short of a chin spoiler, now getting into performance, I currently have CAI, LM1 catback, and an SR short shifter.I get paid Friday so I would like to move on to the next thing, I'm thinking tuner? Maybe throttle body? gears are gonna have to wait till the end of the month but 3.73s are coming up real soon, o/r x is gonna have to wait till inspection in September .. Suggestions?

·
Registered
148 Posts
A good exhaust. Tune. Throttle body. Injectors. Cams. Gears also. And that pretty much all the power your gonna get without forced induction.

·
Registered
555 Posts
I would go for a lightweight driveshaft. Great performance increase plus econemy improvment and very easy to install. Also since your waiting to do exhuast mods you could further improve your cars intake side by adding a larger throttle body and upper intake plenum. I would go for ACCUFAB never seen anything top it yet. Then next would be a good tuner. SCT or Diablo are what the pro's are using for your car. What kind of CAI do you have on your car? I only ask because I've never seen anything top JLT intakes. IMO JLT and ACCUFAB are two parts makers that are making better performing parts than all of their competion across a wide variety of applications.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Is an aluminum driveshaft really worth the money to spend on it???
My opinion, yes--however at the end of the list, do not expect a huge gain, and with qualifications as to your driving style as stated here and repeated below:

"Other mods such as underdrive pulleys, lightweight wheels (all else being equal 18" wheels/tires weigh more than 17"), flywheels and driveshafts can improve acceleration by reducing parasitic load and rotating mass. However if you are the sort that never "floors it" and always shifts at 3k rpm then don't bother; you will never know they are installed. Their benefit is only realised under hard acceleration and mostly in the lower gears. I consistently hit the rev-limiter in 1st if not paying close attention."

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
My opinion, yes--however at the end of the list, do expect a huge gain, and with qualifications as to your driving style as stated here and repeated below:

"Other mods such as underdrive pulleys, lightweight wheels (all else being equal 18" wheels/tires weigh more than 17"), flywheels and driveshafts can improve acceleration by reducing parasitic load and rotating mass. However if you are the sort that never "floors it" and always shifts at 3k rpm then don't bother; you will never know they are installed. Their benefit is only realised under hard acceleration and mostly in the lower gears. I consistently hit the rev-limiter in 1st if not paying close attention."
Ok thanks cliffy :)

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts