Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Im actually in the same process of stripping and painting mine. I was just thinking some normal spray paint. Or maybe interior or high temp paint. Not to shure. Lemme know what you use and how it turns out?

·
Registered
607 Posts
I would use high heat most of your standard spray paints do not do well under the temperatures created by the engine

·
Registered
1 Posts
Any krylon or rust oleum spray will work, I have worked with both paint companies and heat is not an issue. Clean surface is a must. Otherwise both work great. You can also use them on the engine, high heat paint is for exhaust area. Paint will peel on an engine if it over heats, but most run less then 295 degrees and the paint will hold up to almost 350 on an engine. even high heat will peel if the engine over heats.

·
Registered
57 Posts
You can use a single stage enamel like Centari by DuPont,with the use of a flatening agent to get the correct satin finish. It's thick and resistent to oil. The Doc

·
Registered
22 Posts
Anyone know what paint is the best to use in my center console? I have a '66 and I'm replacing the chrome, so I want to spruce up the plastic portion of the console with a new coat of paint... Thanks!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts